Head of Wholesale
- Malone Souliers
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Management of existing world-wide wholesale clients and development of a robust distribution with specific focus on the United States for both women’s and men’s Managing and nurturing the existing sales team, motivating them to strive for excellence and exceed set sales targets. Closely monitor clients sales performance, ensuring that the Wholesale Manager has comprehensive understanding of product and market needs, trends, opportunities and competitive activities. Establish a regular flow of communication with all areas of the Malone Souliers business (design, communication, finance and logistics), to obtain the right support where needed, whether to create a new product on clients’ demands or to maximise sales potential through marketing and press activities, and ensuring deliveries and payments are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Maximise sales and profitability of existing accounts worldwide:
- Oversee the Wholesale Manager and Executive’s review of clients sales performance and sell through reports, ensuring that clients are fully supported and sales opportunities are maximised at all times.
- Oversee the management of reorders and swaps, when needed.
- Oversee Wholesale Manager’s and Executive’s completion of monthly sales reports by account by region for upper management.
- Promptly inform the CSO on any concerns on clients’ sales performance.
- Make recommendations on how to increase existing business.
- Liaise constantly with Brand & Marketing and PR Manager to obtain additional support from press and marketing activities.
- Maintain weekly catch ups with finance and logistics to review orders and payments and to follow up on aged debtors.
- Provide with a business development plan and increase the number of doors, especially in USA, maintaining a high-end, upscale distribution. Monitor Wholesale Manager’s US market progress, with the intent to strengthen the relationships with the sales associates and personal stylists on the shopfloor. Comprehensive business trip recaps, highlighting opportunities for the brand. Development of a luxury distribution world-wide for the Sales Team, constantly liaising with designers for product feedback and with communications team for marketing support.
- Providing support to the Wholesale Team, approaching Senior Executives and Clients on overall business performance, troubleshooting difficult conversations and offering solutions to any issues that may arise with a specific client.
- Promoting an excellent understanding of the product offer amongst the Team, ensuring everyone is fully confident with the details of the collection to be able to sell it with confidence and charisma.
- Report challenges and missed opportunities to the CSO.
- Maximise sales opportunities, utilising personal contacts network and introducing new clients to the Business.
- Oversee the Sales Team selections and orders entering in Joor /Netsuite and send order confirmations to clients, during hectic times.
- Liaise with the design team for product feedback, highlighting any challenges and opportunities during each sales campaign, by providing a detailed, written summary of the event, with the support of the Wholesale Team.
Increase standards of customer service:
- Constantly liaise with wholesale clients to solidify relationships with existing accounts and build strong relationships with new accounts.
- Find the best solution to any issue encountered by clients in a professional and poised manner.
- With the help of the Wholesale Manager, liaise with Logistics and Finance, so that all clients may receive their stock on time and all payments may be made within the correct timeframe.
Clients and market visits:
- Understand market needs, challenges and opportunities.
- With the support of the Wholesale Manager, be fully aware of the competitors’ product offer, best sellers, activities and price points.
- Discuss market visit reports with CSO, to ensure an action plan is defined and agreed upon in order to increase the Brand’s visibility and growth in specific markets.
- With the help of the wholesale team, make sure the requested templates and reports are accurate, ready, archived and always updated:
Joor uploads, training manuals, client database, stock availability.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among own team as well as with all the other departments. Appreciate diversity, supportiveness and working effectively together. Maintain transparent communications through regular department meetings and across departments meetings.
- A solid network of worldwide clients, in particular in the USA, is requested to ensure new relationships can be established by Malone Souliers.
- Fluent in English, a second language would be preferable.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Capability of managing several tasks, without panicking and adding stress to the team.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and to implement new processes.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Proactivity and ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office package (Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- High school degree, qualification as a Head of Sales/Sales Director will be a plus.
Since its 2014 conception in London, luxury footwear label Malone Souliers, has become recognised for its flawless fit, signature strap detailing and vivacious colour palettes. Handmade in Italy, Founder and Creative Director, Mary Alice Malone’s architectural approach to design lends beauty and form equal weight, respecting the high heel’s transformative power. Malone Souliers launched its first men’s collection in 2019 employing the same harmonious craftsmanship and charismatic detailing omnipresent in the avidly followed women’s styles. Malone Souliers is sold in over 200 luxury retailers across 40 countries. Explore and shop the full collection at https://www.malonesouliers.com.
- 0207 499 8990
95 Cromwell Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert