- London (North), London (Greater)
- Closing date
- 15 Feb 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Part Time
We here at Safiyaa, are looking to hire a dynamic Womenswear Design Intern who will work as part of the Design team and will help contribute to the Design and Development of each RTW, Bridal collection and special projects. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to gain invaluable experience as part of an exciting and growing company.
Safiyaa stands for timeless elegance and products that are lovingly hand stitched piece by piece with dedication and passion. Exceptional service and craftsmanship are the heart of the brand.
How You Will Contribute:
• Support the RTW team on a daily basis with tasks that will range daily.
• Assisting with the research of each collection concept, building a wealth of inspiration.
• Assisting with the creation of seasonal documents and upkeep of these as the collection develops
• Assisting during collection fittings, keeping all the necessary equipment maintained and replenished.
• Assisting the Design and Development team with creating a comprehensive Fabric and Embroidery archive.
• Responsible for the archiving of each season, creating a physical ‘Style file’ of Design Development.
Your Skills And Experience:
• Fashion Design graduate, preferably with some previous professional experience
• Proactive with a creative mindset
• Team-player who can also work independently
• Personal interest in fashion and relevant point of view
• Attention to detail with good drawing skills
• Proficiency in using Adobe programs, including InDesign
• Fluent English speaker
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow.
If what we have described seems like the perfect fit for you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
Safiyaa is a demi-couture brand, founded by Daniela Karnuts and named after her daughter.
It fuses traditional couture techniques, fabrics and finishes with a modern sensibility to create sophisticated, season-less clothes for the woman of day. Its aesthetic is as intriguing as it is elegant, traditional yet very current.
Daniela is passionate about challenging our ideas of modern luxury. For her, the narrative behind an item is just as important as the garment itself. “I want to buy things that have been made with care and love and I want to understand where they come from. I want to know that the story is about quality. I will always choose one great piece over several fast fashion items.”
As such, all the clothes are produced in SAFiYAA’s private atelier where each item is hand-sewn from start to finish by the same traditionally trained artisan who takes great pride in his work to ensure that the garment is as beautiful on the inside as it is the outside.
In addition to elevated daywear, SAFiYAA also creates cocktail attire and red carpet wear. Living in London with her husband, 2 children and Weimaraner dog, Daniela Karnuts was born in Munich, Germany and launched SAFiYAA in 2011.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert