- London (North), London (Greater)
- Dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Safiyaa stands for timeless elegance and products that are lovingly hand stitched piece by piece with dedication and passion. Exceptional service and craftsmanship are the heart of the brand. We manufacture strictly on order: whether Made to Measure or a standard size, each item is cut specifically for a customer.
Our atelier is thus a fast-paced, motivated, dynamic, highly talented and growing team. We now have an amazing opportunity for a hard-working, highly organised, detail-orientated, experienced Production Coordinator with good problem-solving skills to support the Production Manager in ensuring all orders are produced to the right quality standard and on time. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the Private Order Clients Calendar, ensuring all orders are processed in a timely manner for delivery
- Update order details into the production schedule overview spreadsheet, monitoring the delivery schedule in accordance with the production planning timeline.
- Allocate pattern cutters to Made To Measure orders
- Organise and facilitate the smooth process of garment making through all atelier stations ensuring quality standards are met and timely delivery of the products.
- Ensure the correct procedures for production are always used; actively giving feedback and proposing improvements to the Production Manager.
- Along with the Production Manager, assign pieces to the tailors to stitch based on skill set and priority, ensuring machinists are aware of the schedule and deadlines and capacity is pre planned
- Use PLM and ensure all tailors know how to finish the respective garment through the tech sheet
- Liaise with tailors with regards to finishing improvements or ongoing quality issues
- Supervise production daily workflow and output ensuring a smooth production process.
- Keep the embroidery team up to date on deadlines of orders
- Processes production orders of raw materials.
- Communicate with the Client team regularly about any delays in order deliveries
- Oversee the relationship with our quality control team, determining quality control standards and ensuring that the highest quality is maintained
- Ensure the quality control of all VIP private orders and their timely delivery to the Showroom ahead of time
- Liaise with intercompany logistics to ensure orders leave in good time as planned and always try to decrease production and transit time whilst not compromising quality
- Involved in handovers from development department after every collection to get to know new products being made.
- Fully support the Production Manager in keeping the atelier tidy
- At least 2 years’ similar production role experience
- Positive, hard-working, detail-orientated individual with strong problem-solving and excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task in a busy environment while adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge of Barcode, PLM and Zedonk is desirable, although training will be provided
Please apply with a CV and cover letter via the application form.
Safiyaa is a demi-couture brand, founded by Daniela Karnuts and named after her daughter.
It fuses traditional couture techniques, fabrics and finishes with a modern sensibility to create sophisticated, season-less clothes for the woman of day. Its aesthetic is as intriguing as it is elegant, traditional yet very current.
Daniela is passionate about challenging our ideas of modern luxury. For her, the narrative behind an item is just as important as the garment itself. “I want to buy things that have been made with care and love and I want to understand where they come from. I want to know that the story is about quality. I will always choose one great piece over several fast fashion items.”
As such, all the clothes are produced in SAFiYAA’s private atelier where each item is hand-sewn from start to finish by the same traditionally trained artisan who takes great pride in his work to ensure that the garment is as beautiful on the inside as it is the outside.
In addition to elevated daywear, SAFiYAA also creates cocktail attire and red carpet wear. Living in London with her husband, 2 children and Weimaraner dog, Daniela Karnuts was born in Munich, Germany and launched SAFiYAA in 2011.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert