Sourcing Coordinator - Menswear
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 16 Feb 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The sourcing coordinator manages the seasonal placement and follow-through of finished goods in a manner congruent with the supply chain objectives: delivering quality product, on time and at the right price.
- Advise vendors of seasonal buying/production calendar, unit plans & negotiate minimums as applicable, working with Managers for guidance on setting objectives for the season and negotiating any challenges
- Manage communication with manufacturers on raw material call-offs & receipts, ensuring production needs are met in accordance with calendar and delivery schedule.
- Manage seasonal product pass-off to local sourcing office, as needed.
- Update PLM with vendor costs.
- Liaise with product development for updated BOM information as needed.
- Liaise with Customer Operations for timely receipt of orders and advise Customer Service when orders are retimed.
- Study pre-buy vs. actual & work with raw materials team to identify shortfalls across division
- Prepare updates for weekly production meetings.
- Partner with manager to finalize prices & margin, providing seasonal price analyses across vendors and product categories.
- Participate in vendor performance analysis each season.
- Partner with product dev. and technical team each season on fit approval dates required by production calendar & ensure compliance
- Partner with quality assurance to resolve quality issues as needed.
- Communicate best working practises, changes to existing practises or key seasonal information, to vendors.
- Work alongside other sourcing coordinators to ensure standard processes across teams/divisions.
- Partner with manager on seasonal counter-sourcing needs such as vendors, pricing, raw materials etc.
- Proven experience in previous production/sourcing role
- Fluent Italian Preferable
- SAP/PLM is desirable
- Strong costing & negotiation skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and cross-functional business partners
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || SOURCING MENSWEAR || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert