- Ralph Lauren
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
This role is responsible for creating garment specifications and standards within PLM for specific product categories within the brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Own tech pack creation from Design Board hand offs to properly execute sampling/production to Design intent - This includes specs, reference patterns and samples as well as and construction sketches.
* Experience in fitting with live models, advise risks with construction, fit and execution within specific categories.
* Owns garment measuring and full external and internal garment evaluations of fabric, construction & overall finishing.
* Partners with Design and PD to offer options to meet design intent and margin targets for new fits and constructions.
* Own updating comments, construction detail sketches and photos for all fittings in PLM.
* Partner with global RL and supplier tech members to ensure that construction, finishing and fit is consistent across all programs within a category.
* Ensure consistent style aesthetic intent and construction from vendor to vendor on like styles.
* Owns escalating issues when and where appropriate with supporting facts, root cause and possible solutions.
* Own product Risk Assessment in partnership with QA partners prior to bulk production and ensure correct action plans are taken where necessary.
* Attend WIP meetings & seasonal line reviews
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Min 4 years' experience in Technical Design work
* Experience in patternmaking, grading, sewing, construction and fit for multiple categories.
* Ability to successfully oversee a basic category while making product quality and seasonal deliverables a priority.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proven organizational skills and ability manage competing priorities.
* Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail & resourcefulness
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert