Group Financial Reporting, Senior Manager (12 month FTC)
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 14 Mar 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
A senior role within the Group Financial Reporting team, with responsibility for two direct reports.
Corporate Structure, Holding Companies and BPC Strategy
• Planning and managing year end audit and interim review process with the external auditors
• Managing the transactional accounting and forecasting for the PLC entity and International holding company in SAP
• UK local statutory accounts, including working with the financial services team, external auditors and company secretarial team to finalise and sign local statutory accounts for the principal UK trading company and low volume transaction holding companies
• Leading the corporate structuring workstream and simplification project and individual transactions relating to changes in corporate structure and annual intra-Group dividend process
• Management of the financial reporting into Covenant compliance requirements
• Ownership of design and continuous improvement of data requirements and working with the finance systems and record to report teams to test and deliver these in the consolidation tool
• Management of two direct reports
Ad hoc tasks
• Participate in other Group Financial Reporting projects as required
• Ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders including legal, tax, company secretarial and external auditors
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate to executive management where required
• Ability to manage projects over a reasonable timeframe
• Excellent project management and team leadership skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• High attention to detail
• Has a financial control mindset
• Demonstrates a very high level of ownership and responsibility
Qualified Accountant - ACA or international equivalent.
• Post qualification experience at a senior manager level either in industry or practice.
• Excellent knowledge of IFRS and UK reporting requirements for listed groups.
• Experience of consolidation systems and consolidation in multicurrency groups.
• Experience of addressing technical accounting issues with business partners and auditors.
• Previous experience of statutory reporting and preparation of financial statements of a UK listed Group would be highly advantageous.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE REPORTING || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert