- City of Edinburgh (GB)
- Closing date
- 22 Feb 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Proudly Scottish at heart, but with a keen international outlook, Strathberry creates unique luxury pieces, handcrafted in Spain using only the very finest quality leathers and finishes. Known for its instantly recognisable bar closure and minimalist design aesthetic, Strathberry’s elegant lines and exceptional attention to detail have led to a global following.
Strathberry is stocked in over 33 retailers worldwide, with flagship stores in London and Edinburgh. With new investment in place to accelerate the next phase of expansion, there has never been a better time to join this dynamic business.
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate, organised and experienced accessories designer. You will need to be up to date on the latest trends and have a great eye for detail which takes Strathberry designs to the next level. You need to be a flexible team player with strong communication skills.
This role will be based at our beautiful town house in the heart of Edinburgh. Whilst some hybrid working is possible, there will be a requirement for a fixed number of days to be worked each week at the Edinburgh office alongside the rest of the Design and Product Development team. Therefore applications can only be considered from candidates who are able to attend this location.
To apply please submit your CV accompanied by either a short portfolio (max 10 pages) or containing a link to an online portfolio. Application deadline is 5pm on 22nd February.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sharing ideas with the team and steering design
- Recognising gaps in the market and creating designs to fill these gaps
- Giving design presentations and creating competitor reports to advise on future trends and key product direction
- Developing sketches and specifying these in line with a set design brief to create a capsule collection from start to finish.
- Collecting inspiration for mood boards and contributing ideas.
- Working with the team towards researching inspiration that is in line with the brand.
- Producing boards for the season and ensuring they are up to date prior to sign off
- Liaising with factories on all developments.
- Researching market trends
- Sending sample comments including making any amendments if needed to improve the fit, print or look of the bags
- Creating tech packs on Adobe Illustrator to send to factories.
- Creating artwork for prints and other techniques used within the seasonal range on Adobe Illustrator
- Organising and expediting timely arrival of prototypes and photo samples
- Working with colleagues to create the product look book
- 4-10 years' experience of working experience in Women's Accessories
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Knowledge of suitable supply base for Bags and SLGs
- Highly skilled in Illustrator and Photoshop (3D design is a plus)
- Strong technical knowledge of construction and excellent material and hardware knowledge
- Able to work to a design brief with global needs and price point targets
- Able to write full tech packs to communicate with sourcing offices
- Able to collection plan and build at the highest level, maintaining a balance of commercial and creative
- Confident in presenting to upper management
- Able to communicate with collaboration partners and guide their design choices
- A positive, can do attitude
- Spanish language skills are highly desirable
Come work with us and enjoy the following benefits:
- 29 days annual leave, plus 3 fixed bank holidays
- Never work on your birthday! Additional day holiday on your birthday
- Company bonus scheme
- Long service recognition
- Employer pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff allocation of Strathberry products
NOTE: To apply please submit your CV accompanied by either a short portfolio (max 10 pages) or containing a link to an online portfolio. Application deadline is 5pm on 22nd February. Due to the anticipated number of applications we will be unable to acknowledge all submissions individually however will be in touch with shortlisted candidates after this time.
Strathberry is an independently owned luxury label. With bold and original creative direction, Strathberry has quickly developed into one of the front runners in international leather accessories design. Strathberry bags are found in a fast growing list of the best international stockists.
Integral to the Strathberry ethos is a passion for quality craftsmanship. A Strathberry bag can take up to 20 hours to make and each one is handmade in limited quantities by skilled artisans whose understanding of leatherwork is unparalleled.
Based in Edinburgh's West End, we work from a beautiful 3 storey townhouse containing; showroom, design studio, open plan offices, photo studio.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert