Analyst, Customer Insights & Market Intelligence
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 21 Apr 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Analyst, Customer Insights & Market Intelligence will be an integral member of the team, helping to encourage customer-centric decision making by educating, informing and guiding the application of insights by key stakeholders across the organization. This individual will support both our research and data mining initiatives and be responsible for the day-to-day management of our proprietary online customer panel.
- Lead merchant-driven customer insights projects; work with the Data Analytics team and external research partners to provide data analysis on key trends.
- Manage proprietary online customer panel - maintaining calendar, developing questionnaires, analyzing results, and building actionable reports.
- Support in the development of the Monthly Customer Scorecard.
- Support in the development and execution of proprietary research initiatives - including managing research vendors, projects, timelines and deliverables.
- Leverage Tableau dashboards to conduct ad hoc data analyses that inform merchant, marketing, stores, and digital strategies.
- Create easily consumable, visualized reports of customer research and metrics for key stakeholders and executives with actionable insight that influence decision-making within Bloomingdale's.
- Coordinate and design compelling cross- functional presentations for key executive meetings.
- College graduate with 2-3 years of relevant market research and/or data analytics experience - preferably for a retail-driven organization
- Experience working with a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (surveys, online communities and panels, ethnographies) and business intelligence solutions (Business Objects, Tableau)
- Demonstrated success in translating research findings and data analyses into actionable strategies through strong storytelling and PowerPoint/design skills
- Must be able to draw conclusions from large and seemingly ambiguous data sets.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the fashion industry - either personal or professional
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills, as well as interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to work collaboratively in team environment
- Proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and creatively solve problems.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and creating processes in complex environments to drive customer centric thinking
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert