Product Management Manager, Performance Knits
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
As part of the Product Management team, you will manage the Product Development and Production (full product life cycle) for the Knits category within the RLX Golf brand for Men's & Boys. You will partner with the Design, Merchandising, Technical Design, and Raw Materials Teams, as well as Sourcing Offices, Factories & Mills to ensure the integrity of product from salesman sample to bulk production. The Manager, Product Management will support the development and execution of the Performance product strategy for the brand to create best overall value in terms of product, price, lead-time and quality
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Participate in Board Review with Design and Merchandising to establish product pipeline and TD track (high/medium/low touch) · Handoff seasonal line information to Brand Merchandising for style number set up/ creation (currently set up in GFE) · Own the BOM for medium and high touch designs. Create initial BOM with a Tech Pack. Update BOM for showroom samples (post-proto approval) through stock approval/OK to buy/production ready. · Approve and manage lab dip colors for new fabrications · Develop counter sourced raw materials and components as needed: fabric/yarn/components/trim, embellishments, patches, labels & hangtags · Work with COE/SME to ensure the execution of the development of Art, Graphics, Prints, and Washes · Establish pricing options, to optimize the buy and help to achieve margins · Communicate strategies and align execution plans with Brand, Sourcing offices, Raw Material Team and Product Integrity · Partner with Design on all design approvals and comments · Partner with Tech team to ensure design execution meets Product Standards/RL requirements · Drive the optimized lead-times and activities from development to store · Develop and create timelines with sourcing offices and vendors on lab dips, raw material sourcing and approvals to ensure production delivery deadlines are met · Lead and monitor the approval process (proto, s/sample and all components) to ensure on time arrival of all s/samples to the showroom. · Communicate with vendors and suppliers to address development and resolve production issues · Maintain development and production costing for products
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Product development or related experience; full product life cycle, from design vision to production ready utilizing technical product knowledge and in-depth understanding of all product components (fabric, trim, print, etc.)
* Be a subject matter expert (SME) in a specific product category (i.e. denim, sweaters, outerwear, footwear, accessories - includes experience in product development, product engineering and production
* Proven ability to optimize production outcomes through understanding the garment manufacturing process; factory capabilities & capacity, machinery capability, and liability management. Factory visits, a plus.
* Strong communication, influencing and cross-functional team collaboration skills; ability to work closely with Design, Technical Design, Raw Materials, and Merchandising Teams, as well as Sourcing Offices
* Proven ability to quickly pivot and problem solve utilizing innovative solutions
* Strong organizational skills with detailed attention to product information
* Strong computer skills; Excel, Outlook, PLM
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert