Manager, Corporate Gifts - 59th Street
- New York, New York
- Closing date
- 10 Feb 2023
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints-from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie's-everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Personal Shopper of Corporate Services is a highly skilled seller whose primary responsibility is to drive sales through business partnerships. Through networking, they will acquire new opportunities for hosting corporate events, bulk gifting, gift card sales, and more. This individual must be able to work under pressure, have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong organizational skills & the ability to partner with multiple, cross-function teams. This role may include travel for events. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistently provides a high-touch, personal experience to all clients and prospects
- Must maintain strong and consistent follow up to ensure an efficient and flawless execution
- Demonstrate strong and effective communication skills via email and conference meetings
- Effectively manages time and productivity; utilizes available technology to maximize efficiency
- Curates, plans, fully executes, and hosts all in-store and off-site corporate events; maximizes the sales opportunities in the events through added product and services
- Partners with the Central Buying Team to understand product availability, personalized options, and lead times to place orders
- Ensures all pyramid head partners are aware of their role in assisting with corporate orders and events; ie Operations for receiving and shipping product, Personal Shopping for fashion presentation and selling, and more
- Track post-event results and provides feedback to Store and Central partners.
- Works closely with Central partners to create brand appropriate pitch materials and event stationary
- Pursues localized opportunities in alignment with Trade Area Marketing and Special Events Leader and store leadership to cultivate business customers and build sales.
- Utilizes social media to stay aware of relevant fashion trends and pop culture; encourages user generated content by creating "post-worthy" experiences
- Merchandise Corporate Services office, demonstrating expert selection of product
- Has strong ties to the community, particularly with local charities; establishes Bloomingdale's as a strong supporter in the community that gives back while creating business opportunities
- Assists the company in acquiring new high value clients through networking
- Offers additional services at Bloomingdale's
- Present in store for preparation and execution of all events and processing of orders
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
5+ years related experience
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert