Senior Window Designer
- Paul Smith
- London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 17 Feb 2023
- Visual Merchandising
- Senior Manager
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We have a brand new exciting opportunity here at Paul Smith to join the Visual Merchandising and Display Team in creating innovative window concepts that communicate the brand identity around the world under the creative direction of the Head of VM & Display.
Please note, this role requires that you submit an online link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples, this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.
• Design window concepts in collaboration with the Head of VM for roll out to the global VM/Window teams, across Retail, Franchise and Wholesale.
• Mock up design ideas to an exceptional standard so that they can be shared with Sir Paul Smith as well as the wider business.
• To work collaboratively with the UK VM Manager and Visual Project Coordinator to design the UK/Danish windows. To provide the artworks for each window to the relevant supplier to the set deadline.
• Collaborate on and creatively lead on new window ideas, initiatives, and directions for the wider team. Always be clued up on what is happening within the retail, and art and design worlds to be able to design innovatively and ensure we are relevant and contemporary in our approach to window design.
• Once Windows are signed off with the Head of VM and Windows, communicate the concept globally and support the global teams around the world to release the designs in whatever way necessary.
• Create Graphics, Artworks, technical drawings, 3D renderings so that remote teams can confidentially source props and vinyl’s locally.
• To support the UK VM/window team on installations when necessary and be present in flagship shops for the key seasonal installs to ensure suppliers have delivered the Vinyl’s/props to the required standard and in line with the brand’s desired standards.
• Have an appreciation of colour, imagery, and art.
• Has a passion for the Paul Smith brand & clothing in general.
• Wide interest in culture, fashion, music, literature, the arts.
• Creative thinker- able to think outside of the box.
• Flexible over working hours. Able to travel within the U.K. for overnight stays and internationally to Denmark if required.
Your Experience and Skills:
• Highly proficient using Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, sketch up to create shop window renderings in both 2D and 3D.
• Adept planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Previous credible experience of working within visual merchandising or window display in the Retail industry.
• Ability to work to a global Marketing plan and with seasonal buys.
• Experience of executing windows to an exceptional standard.
• Experience of creating window concepts that can be rolled out across the business.
• A generous Clothing Allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• Private health insurance with Vitality.
• An annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus Bank Holidays.
• Cycle to work and travel loan schemes.
If you like the sound of what you’ve read so far, find out more about our company culture and the full list of benefits we can offer you.
Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative aesthetic, which combines tradition and modernity.
- 0115 968 5904
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert