Senior Business Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 10 Mar 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to work on one or more projects within the Product Visualisation and Selling space of the Product & Supply Chain IT Tower, bridging the gap between business needs and technical requirements on technology projects in the Tower's portfolio.
You will work in partnership with business experts and technology teams to identify and implement solutions to meet the needs of evolving business models. You will be part of a wider community of Business Analysts within the Tower, and the organisation. This role reports into the Senior Product Manager role.
Business Strategy and Vision
- Partner with business teams to translate preliminary business needs into benefits, project scope and objectives, in order to meet strategic organisational goals.
- Have a view of all projects within the Product and Supply Chain IT Tower and in some cases the wider IT portfolio, to identify synergies and dependencies between projects and/or requirements.
Project and Project Team
- Work at varying levels of detail, ranging from high level discussion at the start of the project, to capturing detailed requirements, tracing these through to solution design, and user acceptance.
- Collaborate with the business and project team throughout the solution build to ensure alignment with defined business requirements.
- Understand and visualise process changes and change impacts in collaboration with business stakeholders and the Senior Product Manager to establish mutual understanding and accountability.
- Communicate requirements to enterprise data and information leads, solution leads and development teams, working collaboratively to develop solutions.
- Understand and uphold enterprise data and information principles in the development of both system and reporting solutions.
- Scope and document test scenarios and cases, and support testing activity to ensure quality of technical changes, or work with testing team if in place.
- Collaborate with the business to manage training documentation and training facilitation.
- Liaise closely with Senior Product Manager, Project/Programme Managers and Solution Architects to govern scope, manage change requests, and manage project risks.
- Adhere to project timelines as defined by the Project/Programme Manager.
- Follow defined Waterfall/Agile methodology and deliverables, adapting to meet the needs of the initiative.
- Prepare and facilitate workshops by assimilating existing process content, identifying knowledge gaps, setting up the workshop agendas, identifying participants and creating workshop materials.
- Support and participate in vendor selection activity by collating the high-level requirements, and scoring criteria and aligning this with business benefit.
Portfolio and Team Development
- Contribute to the development of the organisation's business analysis capability by building relationships across the Business Analysis community to share best practice and collaborate on practice improvement opportunities.
- Lead and mentor Business Analysts (if project required) including managing the outputs, ways of working, and support their development and progression.
- You may also be involved in the sourcing and management of interim contract BA resource.
Qualifications and skills
- Able to build relationships and partner with management stakeholders within the business and IT.
- Can clearly demonstrate delivering artefacts for each project phase, and link the business value created with the process and system improvement.
- Effective use of business modelling techniques: process and workflow modelling (BPMN preferred).
- Self-directed and independent worker who can also lead through cross-functional and cross-organisational projects
- Able to communicate effectively in both technical and business settings.
- Self-motivated, creative, passionate and able to acclimate into a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to decompose a challenge into smaller parts and address the parts in a disciplined manner, individually or as a part of a team
- Basic understanding of data and information architecture principles.
- BCS/ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis (desirable)
- Relevant business analysis experience across multiple projects in at least 3 full project life cycles, including one complex project/programme.
- Delivery of waterfall and agile projects
- Knowledge of retail and/or fashion sector (desirable)
- Background in creating Target Operating Models (desirable)
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || PRODUCT & SUPPLY CHAIN || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert