Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints-from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie's-everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way. Job Overview:
The Procurement Manager will be a supply chain and logistics specialist who will optimize cost effective purchases of non-merchandise goods and services required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adherence to the company's policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of the main priorities when carrying out this role. Essential Functions:
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Develop procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiate with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with a diverse mix of vendors and suppliers.
- Approve purchase orders and organize and confirm delivery of goods and services.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Control the procurement and visual merchandising budget and promote a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs across departments.
- Regularly update the procurement catalog and monitor shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
3-5 years related experience
- Requires exceptional organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage a calendar on 6 to 9 months lead time
- Experience using Oracle is preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a friendly, personable, and professional demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; managing projects and prioritizing next steps with diverse peer groups and senior teams.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, work independently, and work a flexible schedule based on functional and company needs.
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive; additionally, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Blue Mercury - is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus