Architecture & Design Manager, RLA+D Studio
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The candidate for the position of Architecture & Design Manager will report to the Architecture & Design Lead, EMEA. Candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for the store design process from design, planning, project management through completion for all custom level wholesale and boutique store projects across multiple Ralph Lauren brands. Candidate must be competent in handling and organizing a large volume of projects and interfacing with all levels of management at Ralph Lauren, including wholesale/DTC partners, decorative and merchandising teams, construction managers, millworkers, consultants, local architects, general contractors, and vendors/ suppliers mainly located in Europe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Produce schematic design and design development packages for new wholesale locations and retail stores and renovations.
* Responsible for project management including; design, construction, millwork shop drawing/finish sample review, budget and schedule maintenance for multiple projects simultaneously.
* Coordinate project's program requirements with RL in-house departments: Decorative, Retail Development and Senior Management of the various businesses.
* Maintain constant dialogue with vendors and internal teams.
* Manage and effectively prioritize own work and the work/schedule of RL consultants.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Advanced experience in Architecture & Design. Knowledge in space planning, detailing and other design ideations.
* High proficiency in AutoCAD 2018 (or more recent version).
* Proficiency in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro), Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG True View 2011), Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, and Sketch-up/Rhino/3d rendering software.
* Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch
* Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction.
* Knowledge of/experience in working with lighting, MEP, and other project related consultants
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, organization, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, troubleshooting along the way as necessary.
* Excellent and professional negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral.
* Experience on site reviewing construction and shop fit installations Not required, but a plus:
* Additional language skills
* Understanding of work in the metric system and working outside of the US.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert