With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. Position Objective
An integral member of the cross functional team, this position drives business of a specified department. This position will interpret stores and online sales data, seasonal shifts and promotional results in order to proactively maximize inventory productivity. They will identify opportunities and offer solutions when communicating with Merchants, Planning and Sourcing to strategize sales plans and mitigate inventory risks.
- Leading allocation strategies by floor set aimed at maximizing sales and minimizing markdowns. Proactively consider floor set placement, timing of purchase order arrival, amount and depth of flows, promotional activity and historical data to drive business.
- Execute Allocation strategy with initial and flow purchase orders being thoughtfully worked prior to arrival at Distribution Center.
- Manage replenishment of current styles to boost inventory productivity by channel.
- Identify sizing opportunities which can be reacted to in-the-moment and influence cross functional team to drive results.
- Owns analysis to size level, identify and action future opportunities while sizing all purchase orders for department.
- Review and analyze weekly business results, interpreting results, identifying solutions and communicating action points to cross functional team.
- Undertake new store allocations by analyzing sister store to determine depth needs for department, considering available merchandise, promotional activity and floor set placement to drive strategy.
- Communicate and partner with Merchant, Planner, Sourcing, Store Planner and Logistics as needed to drive business.
- Champion the Key Item program and partner with the Planner to maximize sales and profit.
- Monitor the tracking of inbound PO's, working with Logistics, Merchants and Planners to strategically mitigate risks to business
- Actively participate in Product Life Cycle meetings, contributing the Allocation perspective and data analysis designed to drive impactful business results
- Lead, develop and manage projects or Company initiatives.
- Develop training materials and processes.
- May mentor and/or supervise Allocator I/Allocator II.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Operations, or other related field preferred
- 5+ years in apparel as a retail Allocator or as an Analyst in a retail, financial or store planning role.
- Strong background in data analysis and strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Evident skills in proactive identification of issues and solution based proposals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time and workload efficiently.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- PC proficiency with emphasis on Excel.
This position may be found in multiple brands/functions. Some duties may vary from role to role.
- Preferred experience with JDA Allocation, SAP and/or SAS
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.