Secondary Transportation Manager
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 14 Feb 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
You will oversee and coordinate all the secondary transportation (shipments from hubs to stores and customers) in EMEIA.
This role's area of responsibility will cover:
- all the shipments to Burberry stores in Middle East
- all Digital Shipments from the UK digital Distribution Centre to domestic and international consumers
- Sample shipments from the Burberry UK HQ to Italian Vendors and vice versa
• Work with hubs and regional merch/allocation teams to build shipping schedules that meet the business needs
• Coordinate with Warehouse to ensure dispatch of products in line with the schedule
• Plan and supervise the shipments from dispatch to the end store/customer
• Schedule daily and weekly routes
• Track and report on shipment delivery status - Ensuring all teams have updated on any issues and any actions needed are taken in order not to impact the business/customer
• To manage transportation service providers. Ensure high standards of the services are provided by the 3rd party service providers by making sure performance reports are provided and any improvements/actions are addressed on time.
• To lead carrier weekly, monthly and quarterly review meetings and discuss delay reasons and mitigation plan to maintain Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
• Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
• Ensure Standard Operations Procedures are up to date, all parties involved are clear on those Procedures (including external) and version control is in place
• Work with Trade Compliance to resolve block shipments and get necessary documentation from carrier, hubs or any other relevant parties
• Monitor goods held with carriers and resolve any issues to ensure timely delivery
• Monitor and work with carriers and internal teams on any loss/shortage claims
• Monitor and report on transportation costs verse forecast
• Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
• To check billing and sign off carrier monthly invoices, do Service Entries on VIM system.
• Review monthly Cost Per Unit (CPU) for each lane and carrier
• Be able to explain any CPU increase or decrease to finance partner where requested
• Analyse the spending record with carriers to identify the factors impact the CPU and find ways for improvement
• Work with procurement team for any tender roll-out documentation and communication with carriers and internal teams.
• Ensure Transportation / Delivery data accuracy in SAP and other systems when and where required
• Manage communication with Internal stakeholders (Customer Operations, Retail Operations, Trade Compliance, APP, Legal, Commercial Procurement)
- Proven experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Very good to advanced Excel skills in order to produce reports and interpret large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of order lifecycle activities
- Good knowledge of managing orders in SAP (AFS)
- Proven experience in managing people
- Textile/ Retail industry experience
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || SC CENTRAL OPERATIONS || CUSTOMER FULFILMENT || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert