Senior Materials Management Associate, Polo & Lauren Handbags and SLGs
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- PR & Communications
- Senior Manager
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Senior Materials Management Associate with leather/material knowledge and experience who can Oversee the material development of the Women's Polo and Lauren Handbag and Small Leather Goods lines. The Senior Materials Management Associate will partner with Lead/Head to create processes to improve organization, productivity, and efficiency within the department. The Senior Product Management Associate will report to the Head of Product Management for Handbags and SLGs
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Organize seasonal material development with regional sourcing teams.
* Communication with DGO of all requests and requirements
* Coordination of sample skins for proto samples.
* Review historical prices and set costing parameters along with Category lead and communicate to Regional offices. · Ensure testing requirements are met and are being vetted with Asia development teams
* Tracking and organization of requests and development calendar, material details (cost, LT, MOQ, etc.) organization of submits and comments/approvals from Design team
* Review of sample with category lead and regional materials teams to review any material execution concerns, problem solve
* Color tracking - color standard communication, organization of requested lab dips, master color approvals and follow up.
* Coordination of any apparel tie back materials with apparel material teams.
* Coordinate cross category or shared materials by brand to maintain consistency.
* Coordinate with Global Raw Material and Sustainability teams on sustainability initiatives.
* Embed in the team to have product connection - familiar with the key details of the line and have clear connection to the product (i.e. matching of trim leather needs to body materials)
* Partner on organization and gathering of materials for animation material library for design to utilize. · Communication and coordination across categories to ensure alignments between footwear and accessories. · Research and pulling of quality references from material library for design's review
* Maintain Core article boards/references for design / PM /Merch's reference
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· Prior leather/material experience and/or product development experience working with materials preferred. · Strong communication and cross-functional team collaboration skills; ability to work closely with Design, Raw Materials, and Merchandising Teams, as well as Sourcing Offices · Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects · Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert