Associate Creative Director
- Banana Republic
- San Francisco, California, United States
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Coordinator / Executive
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the Role
The Associate Creative Director partners closely with the Director, Creative and the broader Banana Republic marketing team with a focus on leading and executing integrated digital campaigns inclusive of concept development, art direction, site design, email marketing, paid media, and organic social. This role will lead a team, ensuring elevated brand expression, and alignment with business objectives.
What You'll Do
- Drive, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity and photo direction for multi-channel campaignsthat touch all areas of the customer journey-including site experience, ecommerce, email marketing,digital advertising, video, social and more
- Develop culturally relevant creative executions that meet our business and brand objectives and elicitemotional reaction from our customers
- Conceptualize and execute pitches and prototypes to gain leadership alignment on creative and strategy
- Own and overse work through lifecycle of project-concept, development, refinement, execution
- Represent and and rationalize own and team's work in weekly leadership creative reviews
- Oversee multiple creative projects at the same time, for self and team
- Serve as daily support in navigating and synthesizing creative feedback, adhering to timelines,balancing priorities and refining strategies
- Act as brand filter and quality control for all team's work
- Evaluate creative team performance and guide improvements
- Partner with design, store design, styling, digital/marketing strategy, editorialand cultural influence teamsto inform creative approaches
- Liaise with account, production, marketing, and site merch teams through lifecycle of projects
Who You Are
- An innovative and conceptual creator, skilled at merging art with commerce
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work with elevated brand expressions
- A deep knowledge of fashion, image making, and branding with a highly refined sensibility
- Experience concepting and directing video and moving image, digital storytelling
- Passion for pop culture, trends in social media, understanding of landscape and performance drivers
- Up-to-date knowledge of creative best practices for relevant digital formats
- Inspiring leader with the ability to both mentor and manage
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationaleand evoke excitement with your recommendations
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Skilled at working cross-functionally-especially with marketing, strategy and ecommerce
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives pivot frequently
- Love collaboration, discourage competition
- 6+ years of art direction / design / creative experience, retail or luxury experience preferred
- 3+ years of management experience
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Keynote. Experience in video editing, animation, CGI, 3D/ARdevelopment are a plus
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $134,000 - $177,500 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics, designed for today with style that endures. Through thoughtful design, Banana Republic provides a wardrobe of favorites to style and wear time and time again in new ways. Banana Republic offers fragrances, clothing, eyewear, jewelry, shoes and handbags with detailed craftsmanship and luxurious materials. Founded in San Francisco, Banana Republic is a division of leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS). Customers may shop Banana Republic in more than 750 company-operated and franchise retail locations worldwide and online.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert