- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 25 Apr 2023
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Working in partnership with Design and Sourcing to manage the research and development of all trim materials for ready to wear apparel according to the design brief whilst respecting the collection guidelines and budget.
- Building and maintaining a close working partnership with Design. Acting as the technical partner for design, attending presentations and meetings, providing feedback on technical feasibility, brainstorming ideas and solutions to ensure the design vision is translated into product
- Responsible for building and maintaining effective working relationships with vendors, developing a strong working knowledge of vendor capability and availability to meet demands
- Seasonal research, development and presentation to designers of new concepts in all trim materials
- In conjunction with the Product Development and Design teams, agree and implement the trim development critical path. Ensuring deadlines are adhered to and follow up on all development issues to resolve and drive to completion. Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stages.
- Responsible for ordering and delivering trims on time, to the quality standard, and within cost price range, to achieve target margin
- Responsible for ensuring functionality (including consistency and standardisation) and ensuring products that are developed are fit for purpose for the customer, brand and business. This includes ongoing risk assessment during the development process and proactivity in taking actions as a result
- Responsible for collaborating with the Product Engineering teams while developing the collections for product testing to relevant standards, leveraging their technical knowledge and negotiating any aesthetic changes to protect the design vision
- Support production meetings follow ups at vendors, technical requirements of all proto and samples in preparation for production
- Accountable for ensuring PLM is kept updated with 100% accuracy at all times.
- Ability to work in partnership with Senior Designers, understanding and interpreting their creative aesthetic and design vision and translating this to teams and vendors
- Technical capability and product knowledge with ability to confidently influence the Design team and provide on the spot solutions in:
- Raw material trim development
- Raw material substrate and plating
- Experience managing vendor relationships, delivering clear briefs and leveraging relationships to meet demands
- Critical path management ensuring collections are delivered on time, identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified
- Able to manage within a budget with commercial awareness and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications throughout the product development process
- Demonstrated expert technical product knowledge, including specifics on areas such as knit, construction, pattern cutting, fabric construction, raw material (woven and yarns), leather
- Demonstrated experience working on site with vendors and operational knowledge of factories, delivering clear briefs and leveraging relationships and availability to meet demands
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with credibility, share information effectively, and work confidently with cross functional teams
- In depth knowledge of fashion and products in relevant category -'fashion sensibility' - knowledge of trends, the market, the luxury consumer, and peer awareness
- Computer skills: PLM, excel, indesign
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT || NO DEPARTMENT - FPT9016 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert