NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
Reporting to the Site Merchant Manager, the Site Operations Assistant is responsible for overseeing the product flow for assigned brands, categories, and events on the website. This includes the categorization, attribution, and visual merchandising for all site merchandise. This role will be focused on participating in the development of strategies and executing them to drive online sales that include onsite marketing and enhancements. The ideal candidate will have a retail background and the ability to be flexible and solutions-oriented in a fast-paced environment. The Site Operations Assistant partners with the buying, marketing, category management and creative teams in a collaborative way to create and manage our customer's digital shopping experience.
- Owns the product page content including images & copy points, product attributes, taxonomy, facets, categorization of products, including curated categories.
- Owns the web item review process and timely publication of items to the web in PlumSlice & Catman; requires all products to be reviewed for accurate product images, copy and attributes to ensure they are ready to be customer-facing. Includes helping create the rules by area to determine what features a product must have to load to the site; versus nice-to-haves.
- Sends weekly communication to merchant teams for key item updates regarding image, copy and inventory status; reviews and actions ‘not on site' exception reports to ensure all sellable products are available for purchase online.
- Understands the end-to-end flow of products to the site and identifies and escalates areas of opportunity as needed. Requires thought leadership in identifying where items are getting stuck in the setup process delaying the load to site and communicating those concerns with the goal of improving in the future.
- Monitors internal search results for accuracy and relevancy and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Requests and deploys site support assets for category; maintains a calendar with requests for tracking and analysis purposes; includes promo tiles, graphic headers, co-op (deployment only) and silo landing page content.
- Reviews demand and other eCommerce KPIs; participates in generating recaps to determine if changes are necessary, refreshing pages as needed. Analyzes and communicates site support performance to Site Merchant Manager; makes recommendations to improve results. Reports on weekly top products by demand and views to determine how the PDP and sort algorithm can be optimized.
- Maintains close relationship with Category Management to strategize driving items, brands, categories and events to meet sales goals.
- Partners with product management to roll out new features/functions including browse and search enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years experience in an eCommerce or buying office environment.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal and written.
- Must exhibit customer focus, good time management skills, a professional demeanor and a proactive and positive attitude.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and cross functional team environment with a company first mindset.
- Demonstrated attention-to-detail.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.