At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
The Data Science Analyst is a global position focusing on applying advanced analytics and data science to fuel the growth of Tapestry international properties, with a focus on supply chain concepts. This role will report to our Director of Engineering in Las Vegas, NV.
We are looking for a smart and scrappy individual with a passion for discovery, innovation, and the power of advanced analytics to drive financial results and improve operational efficiency. We work collaboratively with business partners across the operations and fulfillment organization to determine the right questions to ask, pursue the best opportunities, share insights, and develop practical business recommendations.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Digital Analytics to...
- Partner with cross-functional partners on executing data-driven analyses and defined projects
- Perform large-scale data analyses to extract useful business insights and unlock new strategies and optimizations
- Write functional/readable code for internal use
- Design and develop data visualization to help internal teams understand data insights
- Gather and define business requirements for data science tools and models and work with internal partners to ensure pipeline for future business analyses
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Establish best practices and provide guidance to Sr. Managers and Directors in various departments
- Collaborate with our data engineers to innovate in the sourcing, management, and use of data
- Collaborate with our data science algorithm and engineer team to innovate potential data science products and solutions
- Communicate and present findings to leadership level business partners
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Advanceddata query skills withSQL(we will test for these skills!)
- Natural curiosity, and enthusiasm for data analytics
- 5+ years of hands-on analytics experience with retail, e-commerce or supply chain
- Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferablyTableau
- Data analytics experience inR/Python
- Experience working cross-functionally and interacting with partners at all levels
- Proficiency to tell compelling and concise narratives with complex data
- Good communication, teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics into revenue driving initiatives
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities daily and to perform efficiently within a fast paced team environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in quantitative and/or technical background preferred.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/ #LI_KM1
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert