Maintenance Technician 2
- Ralph Lauren
- Kernersville, North Carolina, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- PR & Communications
Positions at Kernersville Facility and Beechwood Facility Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Positions at Kernersville Facility and Beechwood Facility Maintenance and upkeep of Ralph Lauren North Carolina campus Distribution Centers. Repair and maintain machinery and equipment such as conveyor systems and components, (Gear reducers, bearings, conveyor belts, barcode scanners, Servo drives and motors, photo cells etc.) Electric motors, Motor controls, production machines and equipment. Repair and maintain facilities to include lighting, general electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, painting, concrete repair and general construction techniques Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Complies with Lockout/Tagout program, applicable OSHA and equipment safety requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and conduct PM's on mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
• Ability to trouble shoot and work on system peripherals of PLC controls
• Conducts daily walk-through of facility noting deficiencies and initiating corrective action
• Uses computers to document maintenance and PM actions, parts usage in the CMMS
• Communicate effectively at all levels within the facility
• Operates powered lifting equipment, in support of the maintenance function
• Analyze, understand and apply equipment knowledge to process improvements.
• Ability to train others in mechanical, electrical and facility level roles.
• Performs all duties assigned to a Maintenance Technician B class and other duties as assigned with limited supervision.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• High School Diploma or Equivalent desired
• Two (2) years or more of documented related experience and/or technical, mechanical or electrical training.
• Two (2) years in electrical, mechanical or electronic in a maintenance work environment
• Technician Evaluation Score [TES] 90 to 120
• Requires knowledge and understanding of the distribution centers operational processes, conveying systems.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, correspondence and policy instructions.
• Ability to use mathematic skills to perform simple calculations in a work environment.
• Ability to analyze a variety of systemic problems and based on the analysis, recommend and take proper course of action.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, sit, climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to work heights of 40 ft or more, ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
• Must have visual acuity, corrected or uncorrected which allows close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Each individual will be reviewed after the first 6-months and 12-months of employment, and will continue to be reviewed on an annual basis after the first year.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert