Assistant Designer (Chico's Sweaters) - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
This position is responsible for assisting with the creation and developing product for assigned category or categories from start to finish, as well as support the design team to execute the seasonal concept direction, line plan style development, adhering to margin requirements, and timely completion of product.
- Assists design team in creating the product collections at the beginning of each season.
- Prepares development creative packages under direction of the senior designer and/or designer.
- Assists in managing multiple seasons at different stages of development, while understanding the development calendar and ensuring teams are adhering to the T&A.
- Prepares design tech packs.
- Prepares for seasonal product review meetings.
- Shops monthly to compile market research to gain understanding of brand and stays abreast of trends both directional and at a retail level, including, but not limited to brick & mortar and online research.
- Maintains awareness of direction of other classifications in order to use knowledge and apply to bigger picture.
- May prepare design tech packs.
- May Prepare for seasonal product review meetings.
- May attend development fit sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brand.
- High School or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years' experience in the apparel design industry
- Strong sketching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external partners
- Strong sense and passion for print, pattern and details that make the brand and product unique
- Affinity for working in a team environment
- Computer proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Word
- InDesign experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Fit, fabrics, finishes and construction a plus
- The ability to create or visualize an idea and produce a design by hand or using CAD a plus
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert