Director of Brand Communications
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 25 Apr 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Director of Brand Communications leads the Earned Media team and is responsible for implementing an omni-channel media strategy to support the Bloomingdale's brand vision. Earned media outreach and support extends to the Bloomingdale's website, online activities, outlets and corporate communications. This role is responsible for managing all communication planning activities and building external relationships with the organization's media partners and vendors.
- Develop and Manage the Overall Consumer Earned Media Programs
- Develop Media strategy to support key product launches, trends of the season, special events and major campaigns
- Work with trade reporters and develop & maintain relationships with the media; pitch stories and keep on top of media trends across respective departments
- Work with in-house team members and outside partners to develop, implement and manage external communications to broaden exposure of the Bloomingdale's brand.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers at the marketing departments of important retail accounts to maximize their marketing programs and opportunities
- Supervise Branch PR press requests and distribution of images for regional coverage
- Partner with Macy's Inc. Corporate Communications team, when necessary
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- 5+ years direct experience.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and technically.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Integrated Marketing, Earned Media, Special Events and Public Relations experience essential and preferred.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing.
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking.
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 15 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert