Job Purpose - Overview
The Merchandising Manager will create and deliver the product strategy and successfully build the collection for Soft accessories.
- Own and drive product range development, managing full lifecycle of product from brief to delist
- Collaborate with the wider accessories merchandising team in developing the strategic plan for Soft accessories and influence cross-functional team to deliver strategic direction for the category
- Develop and present the range plan for approval including pricing strategy and competition strategy
- Build and maintain close working relationships with cross functional partners across Design, Product Development, Planning and Supply Chain
- Create effective working relationships with Regional Merchandising team to gain product feedback and market research
- Define strategic growth ambition
- Organise and coordinate collection presentations and buying guidelines
- Analyse and feedback on seasonal buys in a strategic and coherent recap
- Develop and deliver product training to regional merchandising
- Own the commercial samples ordering process and budget
- Lead, coach and develop the team
- Analyse daily/weekly sales reports and take appropriate action
- Own the retail pricing positioning in line with margin targets and competition strategy
Qualifications, Skills, Experience Required
- Strong experience in Merchandising, luxury experience is a plus.
- A love for product and fashion trends in a global market, knowledge of the luxury consumer and competitors
- Strong product knowledge with a good taste level and ability to confidently influence the Design team
- Able to manage a budget with commercial awareness, retail math skills and understanding of product cost, achieving a balance between creativity and commercial implications
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with credibility, share information effectively, and work confidently with cross functional teams at all levels
- Strong leadership and people management skills.