Associate Designer, CKNA's Apparel Off-Price
- Calvin Klein
- New York, New York, United States of America
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Full Time
The Associate Designer is responsible for aiding in the design of the seasonal collection under the direction of the Designer III for Calvin Klein North America Off Price Men's Apparel. In addition to researching trends, sketching, and tech pack creation, this role must understand the Off-Price market. The Associate Designer will be involved in the cost engineering process, and work very closely with cross functional partners. This role requires flexibility for both in-person and remote work flows.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Supports the design and development of seasonal collections in general.
- Researches competitive markets for trends on a seasonal basis in the lens of Refined Menswear, for both knits and wovens categories.
- Responsible for tech pack creation, pass-offs and completion by coordinating with cross functional partners to synthesize relevant data.
- Highly organized with submits; their history and their archive, as developments are on-going.
- Responsible for design sketches and 3D renderings used for tech packs, sketch reviews and digital deck presentations.
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar.
- Strong communication skills and prepared to present during sketch reviews with leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 2-4 years of experience in Design
Education: Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or equivalent.
- Understanding of mass market menswear
- Must be proficient with PDM/PLM tech pack software
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience in 3D Software: i.e. Browzwear/Lotta or equivalment
- Understanding of fabric development, basic construction and technical knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Smartsheet
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal skills in hybrid environment (in-office & remote)
- Comfortable with software that supports remote working such as Microsoft Teams, Miro, Zoom and Web-Ex
- Able to work under tight deadlines
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Design, Product Development, Raw Materials, Trim, Merchandising, and Sourcing teams
External: Hub offices, factories, and suppliers
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
- Responsible for creation of original designs in multiple categories that are in line with Calvin Klein North America Off Price Men's Apparel seasonal concept and direction.
- Develop a strong understanding of the brand aesthetic and the application of our brand DNA to our customer profiles.
- Highly creative environment
- Deadline- and process-driven
Pay Range: $65,000 - $90,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert