Sr. Manager, Global People & Organizational Development
- Tokyo, Japan
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Human Resources
- Senior Manager
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Primary Purpose: This Senior Manager position will serve as a key member of Tapestry's Global People & Organizational Development (GPOD) team , enabling us to unlock the potential of our people and drive success for our company and our brands, through modern organizational effectiveness initiatives that build knowledge, skills and capabilities. The Senior Manager will report to the Director, GPOD, APAC and Head of HR Tapestry Japan. He/she will participate in the development and delivery of learning and OD initiatives that support Tapestry as a global house of modern luxury brands.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
Support People Development Curriculum & Programs:
- Partner with GPOD and Talent team members and HR Business Partners (HRBPs) to design solutions for corporate and store employees
- Support our current and future, large-scale and specialized, manager development programs for corporate and store teams
- Support the launch and ongoing management of e-learning as a means of empowering teams to take ownership of their development
- Secure and manage other asynchronistic/micro solutions, where applicable
- Facilitate classroom and virtual sessions for individuals and teams
- Oversee vendor relationships for open enrollment and intact team sessions, where applicable
Support Organizational Development Initiatives:
- Support change management efforts by providing advisory support and owning the core change management curricula
- Infuse equity, inclusion and diversity into all facets of work
- Leverage experience and best practices to design scalable programs, resources, and tools
- Measure the impact of initiatives in delivering value for the business
- Support with additional GPOD initiatives, including team effectiveness or organizational design challenges, where applicable
Collaborate with GPOD and Talent Team and HR Community:
- Work with fellow team members globally to ensure alignment with People & Organizational Development initiatives; support each other in order to achieve team goals
- Develop strong relationships with Global Talent and HR Business Partners and to understand and support the business needs of Tapestry and the brands
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Language skill: Proficient in Japanese and English is a must.
- culture fit - open-minded, inclusive, flexible, authentic
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Training and/or OD and change management
- Bachelor's degree and above.
- Working knowledge of industry trends and leading practices in learning & development and organization effectiveness
- Strong organizational and project management skills; including ability to manage complex programs and complex organization structures
- Ability to engage with a variety of levels and global partners including senior leaders in the organization
- Ability to be agile in changing circumstances and work in ambiguous environments with a growth mindset
- Customer-centric approach, Strong initiative and follow through
- Superior written, communication, influence and facilitation skills
- Proven consultative and collaboration skills with leaders and cross-functional partners
- Certification in assessment tools and methodologies (such as Social Styles, Change Styles, etc.) is a plus
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert