Retail IT Operations
- Tokyo, Japan
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, DoDo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Houses to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: "Empowering Imagination".
The goal of this role will be to leverage technology to meet rapidly changing organizational needs in intercultural and innovative environment. The role requires to be highly analytical and able to understand business needs. Problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills in Japanese and English are essential. The role also involves managing multiple local vendors. Very collaborative, working closely not only with IT team members but also with vendors, other shared service departments and worldwide/Regional Kering technologies teams.
How you will contribute
Being a partner of Retail operations and store managers
- Set up standard retail process with Retail Operation team
- Quality management of Service desk. Set the standards like standard scripts etc.
- Work with country IT managers to handle escalation on Retail system issues and Retail on site supports.
Maintenance and support
While aligning business priorities with IT development resources. The role is accountable for the success of the support and rollout to ensure the quality and completeness.
- Serves as the last line of defense for maintenance and support performed by external vendors / offshored shared service center
- Is accountable toward the end users for the overall right service offered by the systems in production in the respective area of responsibility
- Monitors and ensures service levels and performance the outsourced vendors and proactively identify opportunities to optimize maintenance and support activities
- Once new solutions are in place and stabilized, contributes to building the support model and long-term sustainability plan, in alignment with the IT strategy regarding support outsourcing.
This role will also cover more specifically the aspects related to Store Operations Efficiency.
This includes the relationship with the business to define, document, implement and support retail operations processes and applications that support both Retail and IT strategies and objectives. In this area, this position will have end-to-end responsibility to deliver new capabilities and enhancements for Retail Operations Efficiency domain. The role works with the Business and IT to propose relevant solutions to optimize the store efficiency, for both back of house and front of house operations. She/He builds a pragmatic vision for the domain and supports and aligns with the overall Retail program strategy.
This role requires a deep understanding of the way they are operated, understands the challenges faced by the frontline teams, and can identify which processes can be optimized. The good understanding of the best practices in terms of workflow and tools is key, in order to propose the right solutions to the business.
As an expert of the store operations, he/she has the credibility to build the right dialog with Business and challenge the status quo. The main objective is to improve the overall productivity of the frontline teams, but without comprising on the quality of the systems.
Having the big picture in mind is essential to break silos between the tools and to integrate seamlessly all the platforms.
Business advisory alongside domain lead
- Acts as a partner/advisor to the business (including business divisions and corporate functions) and recommends relevant solutions to meet current and future needs
- Ensures technology solutions requested by the business are fully explored and well challenged for business value
Who you are
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Economy or related field
- At least 5+ years hands on experience in Retail systems design and delivery with successful implementation references
- Experience in an international context and culture
- Working as a consultant is a plus
- Good understanding of retail processes and store operations principles
- Solid experience on Retail systems design and implementation
- Experience in translating business requirements into IT solutions
- Experienced in managing end-to-end project life cycles with local/regional/global stakeholders
- Experience in Mobile POS and Retail mobile applications
- High sense of drive, initiative and self-organization
- Strong innovation mindset and capacity drive new ideas
- Great team player and open collaboration spirit
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo with constructive approach
- Enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability
- Proven multi-tasking skills and desire to resolve problems with a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills with a passion to deliver
- Confidence and flexibility to often work under significant pressure to deliver effective and high quality solutions and designs
- Fluent in English and Japanese
Why work with us?
This is an excellent opportunity to join theKeringadventure in a moment of extraordinary growth and become part of athrivingteam in a global Luxury group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle atKeringand we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
KERING JAPAN LIMITED
A world leader in apparel and accessories, Kering develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands. By ‘empowering imagination’ in the fullest sense, Kering encourages its brands to reach their potential, in the most sustainable manner. Present in more than 120 countries, the Group generated revenues of more than €11.5 billion in 2015 and had more than 38,000 employees at year end.
Talent is craftsmanship that is born when creative geniuses and artisans collaborate. Luxury talent at Kering is about having a bold vision which empowers confidence and creates beauty.
Kering empowers its employees to fulfil their potential and creativity by fostering their skills and performance in the most imaginative and sustainable manner for the long term.
Talent is the energy that powers our Group.
40, rue de Sèvres
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert