Chief Technology Officer
- Invisible Collection
- London (Greater) (GB)
- £100,000/yr - £150,000/yr
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Director / President / C Suite
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Invisible Collection
The Invisible Collection is a high-growth, independent, founder-led e-commerce platform showcasing the best in contemporary furniture and homewares. Think Net-A-Porter of Design.
Curated, contemporary, custom. We offer the most personal luxury shopping experience, building strong relationships with clients worldwide both through our online and offline channels.
We have a global website, shipping worldwide, private showrooms, private shopping, VIP events and 24/7 customer care services. With offices between Paris, London, New York and Los Angeles, offering remote and flexible working options.
Invisible Collection curates 150+ luxury designers on its platform and is trading at in excess of €10m GMV with plans to reach £100m within three years.
Whilst the current leadership team has had great success in attracting and partnering with some of the most sought-after furniture and homeware designers in the world, resulting in one of the most talked about and impactful online platforms for interior designers, the next phase of business growth will come from opening up these luxury products to the global market. This will be achieved by building an outstanding customer experience and ecommerce offering that befits the quality of products under curation at the Invisible Collection.
The Co-Founders are therefore looking to appoint a CTO to work with them in creating and executing on a technology roadmap that significantly enhances the user experience both for the highly talented designers that are promoting their products on the platform as well as for the global customer base that they are targeting. The entire ecommerce technology experience ranging from cataloguing to purchase to online fulfilment and payment will fall under the responsibility of the CTO.
As well as being able to work with and influence the leadership team and investors, the newly appointed CTO will inherit and strengthen a small team covering product and engineering. One of the key objectives for the CTO is to replatform the ecommerce solution, most likely to Shopify or Magento, so a background in platform selection and implementation is important. This is the perfect role for either an ambitious CTO looking to take on the challenge of growing an early-stage online marketplace business, or for someone looking to step up into a CTO role and enjoy full ownership of all things technology.
Primary areas of responsibility:
• Leadership: play an active role on the current leadership team, ensuring that technology investment and priorities are fully understood and communicated across the business
• Project, Product and Technology Roadmap – Based on the business strategy and key operating KPIs, formulate and execute a technology product and project portfolio and overall technology roadmap
• Optimisation: Using insight and data analytics, continuously optimise the on-line customer experience both for the designer community and end user customers
• Development & Delivery: Define the design and development processes and own the overall delivery pipeline. Prioritise and execute technology change/enhancements utilising internal technology team plus third party resource where relevant and ensuring the technology solutions meet the current and future demands of the business
• Quality Assurance & Security: Ensure that technology initiatives meet the business needs and ensure effective hand-over into the business is achieved with no operational or customer experience disruption
• Production & Operational Support – lead the design, development and management of internal and external e-commerce and other technology systems required for the operation of the business
• Business Intelligence and Reporting – design and deliver the information architecture and business intelligence services that the business needs to meet its strategic goals
• Technology Team: build and lead the internal technology team to enable the business to deliver its goals. Foster a strong engineering culture, orientated towards technology innovation and outstanding customer experience.
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader with experience building exceptional products and teams in e-commerce/digital marketplaces.
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
• Membership/influence on leadership team, acting as expert on current and emerging technologies that are relevant to a fast-growing global marketplace/ecommerce business in terms of innovation and deliverability
• Creation and implementation of technology strategy
• Proven track record in taking ideas through design + build to product launch
• You work collaboratively and are able to gain the respect of your peer group. You see your role as coordinating others and helping to make them more effective.
• Track record in developing compelling customer products – online, mobile, social that support the growth strategy for the business
• Ability to work effectively with 3rd party suppliers – management consultancy and IT vendors. Builds a successful and cost-effective partnership with vendors in the provision of support and enhancements
• Management of IT and network infrastructure including security / PCI compliance in a fast growth business.
• Organisational development – create a technology team structure that delivers world class systems and support services in line with business expansion.
• Outstanding customer focus – real passion for doing what’s right for the customer and designing industry leading customer experience
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit – proven operator in early-stage businesses
The Invisible Collection is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, colour, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law. For information on how The Invisible Collection manages and processes your personal information please see our privacy notice at https://www.theinvisiblecollection.com/privacy-policy-2/
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert