At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
· Elevate and own the LEATHER GOODS assortment for the EMEIA region and enhance the luxury experience for the customer.
· Increase conversion & drive productivity ensuring the right product is in the right place at the right time.
· Partner with Retail, Allocation, Planning, Visual Merchandising and Marketing teams to drive and achieve mainline financials, whilst delivering a consistent Fashion Brand message in all stores.
· Spread customer intelligence awareness throughout EMEIA & GLOBAL Merchandising.
· Refine and tailor assortments per store to boost productivity by being globally aligned whilst locally relevant.
· Engage stores on upcoming collections through in region training sessions to drive product knowledge and sell through.
· Influence the Leather Goods category product assortment by providing detailed consumer and product feedback to global merchandising team.
· Regular contact with key stores & Regional Directors to understand trade and consumer patterns whilst adapting store profiling as necessary
· Travel across the region visiting stores and key cities to understand client profile and product opportunities
· Partner with cross functional teams (eg, VM, Marketing, Training, Supply Chain) to maximise productivity and the customer experience.
· Monitor store / space productivity proposing layout and assortment changes in line with sales / stock
· Trade the Leather Goods collection in season, identifying opportunities and risks based on sales / inventory / market trends to drive sell through
· Collaborate with planning partners to build seasonal financial plans by highlighting areas of opportunity, category sell through etc, thereby shaping the assortment architecture of the region
· Partner with Allocation to ensure the right product is in the right place at the right time.
· Deliver Quarterly collection training across the EMEIA region.
· Develop and grow the Assistant Merchandiser the Allocator for your respective categories
· Analyse product categories by store / customer profile / climate to identify regional nuances and opportunities for growth
· Buy by store including flagships, mainline stores, concessions, department stores and airports
· Work closely with Wholesale & Franchise team - influencing & guiding investment & assortment based on retail model and integrating wholesale learnings into retail buys
· Direct & support the Assistant Merchandiser in the Buy for their categories
· Present & sign off your buy with Director, VP & President of the region
· Considerable prior Merchandising / Buying Experience, ideally within Leather Goods
· Excellent understanding of luxury fashion both Worldwide and Regional (EMEIA)
· Demonstrates high commercial instinct and passion for product
· Strong analytical and retail mind-set
· Advanced skills in Excel
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
· Ability to work in fast paced and changing environment
· Thrives under pressure
· Art & Commerce balance
· Experience in managing Assistant Buyer / Merchandiser and or an Allocator
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || REGIONAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9010 || n/a ||