Manager, HR Compliance & Operations (partly remote based in N. Bergen, NJ)
- North Bergen, New Jersey, United States
- Closing date
- 20 Apr 2023
- Human Resources
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Manager, HR Compliance and Operations (this is a hyrbid role)
The accomplished individual will leverage their proficiency in HR Compliance and Operations to deliver in the following areas:
- Be responsible for the completion of our Affirmative Action Plans (AAP) annually.
- Partner with our outside counsel, Legal department, and EI&D team to complete both the report and action plans.
- Activities include but not limited to pulling reports, reviewing data to identify and correct any discrepancies, executive review/sign-off, compliance checklist, and OFCCP attestation.
- Accountable for the overall AAP standard operating procedures.
- Drive the data analysis and auditing for Affirmative Action reporting; ensure compliance with federal contractor obligations, including record retention, job grouping, job posting requirements, candidate tracking and disposition.
- Ensure that are business processes are aligned to continue driving our compliance efforts while partnering closely with Legal, TA, Employee Relations, EI&D, and HR business partners to ensure consistency with respect to compliance practices.
- Ensure timely execution of our EEO-1, VETS-4212, and state/local ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Oversee the process and execution of our I-9 process to ensure we are complying, which includes any audits by the Department of Homeland security. Manage outside vendor.
- Manage and oversee the hourly minimum wage increase process to ensure timely and accurate execution on any wage increases.
- Oversee process and execution of our Labor Law posters compliance, which includes distribution, communication and audits.
Employment Law and Legislative Changes
- Keep current on all employment legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments (multi-state updates).
- Ensure Tapestry's employment HR policies and standards are updated timely to reflect changes to rules and regulations in partnership with our Legal team and other relevant Tapestry functions.
- Ensure clear, accurate and timely communications regarding any legislative changes that impact our HR policies and procedures.
Policies and Procedures
- Develop and align clear, streamlined and effective HR employment policies, procedures, programs, and standards that ensure legal compliance and alignment with our company values.
- Provide the necessary communication, training and guidance so our policies and procedures are understandable and meet the needs of a range of stakeholders across the business. Always strive to balance employee experience, customer needs, consistency, compliance, and organizational performance.
- Own the ongoing management and updating of our employee guides for the USA and Canada. Ensure accuracy against our current policies and procedures coordinating across all relevant HR groups, Tapestry functions and the Legal department.
- Ensure all updated or new content is accurate and up to date in our intranet sites across corporate and retail.
- Team expert and operational owner (SME) for employment policies, procedures and labor law, providing input and guidance across functional HR teams.
- Conduct comprehensive, ongoing reviews of HR Operations that impact compliance and adherence to our employment policies. Ensure processes and procedures are created to achieve compliance and efficiency. Manage ongoing governance and reviews.
- Own and maintain our Corporate Company Holiday calendar and work with the appropriate key stakeholders to ensure proper launch.
- Help support Tier 3 escalations overflow or serve as back-up to TPS, Manager or LOA, Manager when needed.
- Supervise HR Coordinator to manage timely execution of compliance related tasks including but not limited to I9 process/audits, minimum wage increases, labor law posters.
- Identify and implement continued operational excellence and service improvement initiatives.
The successful individual will possess...
- Bachelor's degreeor equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant professional work in Human Resources Operations with Compliance, and/or Employee Relations knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in a shared services organization strongly preferred and/or HR experience background.
- Experience in developing policies and processes to ensure compliance with US federal/state/ local labor laws and regulations and/or to support the company's strategic direction.
- Experience with Canadian employment law a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of US compliance requirements and reporting.
- Working knowledge of Canadian requirements isa plus.
- Experience with regulatory audits/investigations on employment related matters.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a cross functional team in an inclusive and purpose-driven culture.
The outstanding individual will possess...
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to anticipate issues and implement solutions.
- Strong strategic problem solving and root/cause analysis skills; ability to research, consolidate the information, and formulate clear observations/recommendations.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Highly motivated, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in 1-on-1 and in group settings with ability to synthesis and simplify complex information for varies audiences. Comfortable presenting to cross-functional team partners at all levels.
- Process re-engineering and improvement skills both develop and implement with strong ability to identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Customer-focused, demonstrate high level of professionalism and discretion, with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-RE1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/
BASE PAY RANGE $88,000.00 TO $110,000.00 Annually
Click Here - U.S. Benefits Summary
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry is a global house of brands that embraces the exploration of individuality. We believe that true luxury is a freedom of expression that ignites confidence and authenticity.
Approachable and inviting, we celebrate brands that create joy every day for people around the world. Our passion, detailed approach, and genuine love of what we do enable us to develop and nurture brands so that they can reach their full potential.
The value of our brands is not bestowed by previous generations or borrowed from tradition. It is determined by quality, craftsmanship, and creativity—and the opportunity for self-expression that they provide. We believe anyone from anywhere can have the best idea and, with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert