Asst III, Space Planning - 11215 Metro Pkwy
- Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Closing date
- 24 Apr 2023
This position is responsible for coordinating logistical details of headquarters office moves, including relocation of personnel, IT equipment and furniture, often involving reconfigurations and renovations. Arranges move schedules with support groups in Ft Myers location, Technology and Maintenance, and with outsource partners. Leads service provider teams in the performance of move activities, assuring timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Receives and processes relocation requests from associates or department space planners.
- Assesses needs of each move project by meeting with affected parties or other appropriate contacts.
- If additional space planning, furnishings or renovation/construction is indicated, advises superiors, then assists with required additional preparatory activities, interfacing with service providers and keeping affected parties and contacts fully informed throughout each step of the process, and then schedules the move.
- Coordinates the day-to-day service schedule, prioritizing and assigning tasks to team members. and participates in all details of each office move and furniture reconfiguration project personally, including running data lines, if necessary. Communicates effectively with all contingencies and assuring accurate, timely project completion and customer satisfaction.
- Receives New Associate announcements and contacts the supervisor of each new hire to determine whether location or furnishing assistance is needed, then follows through per regular relocation processes and procedures to assure all needs are met before arrival.
- Assists Manager Space Planning with space planning projects. Meets with departments and individuals to ascertain needs, takes measurements, determines whether projects can be handled in-house or need to be outsourced, interfaces with furniture vendors, arranges install schedules and supervises sub-contractor installers.
- Maintains office and systems furniture warehouse in good order and develops and updates inventory lists, making recommendations for additions to stock as appropriate.
- Maintains all vehicles including responsibility for charging batteries on golf carts.
- Assists with troubleshooting minor technology (IT) issues.
- Assist in costs savings by contacting vendors when necessary regarding warranty work.
- High school Diploma or G.E.D required
- 3+ years' relevant systems furniture installation and general office experience (or the equivalent combination of education/experience)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills and superior customer service orientation, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external customers in a courteous and efficient manner and work as a team with other Administrative Services associates and cooperatively with all departments, vendors and the general public
- Ability to read and follow blueprints and scaled drawings
- Ability to install, and supervise the installation of, office and systems furniture accurately per intended design
- Computer proficiency sufficient to operate Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel); with the specific ability to maintain and update spreadsheets accurately
- Superior detail orientation with the ability to multi-task effectively and adapt to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to project and maintain consistent professional appearance and behavior
- Ability to lift and carry objects of approx. 50 pounds and work a variety of shifts, including frequent evenings and weekends
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Chico’s was founded in 1983 as a small boutique selling Mexican folk art on Sanibel Island, Florida. The Founders discovered the sweater, pivoted the business and fashion was never the same. The rich colors and prints, unique artisanal details, stylish solutions, and amazing personal service made a lasting connection with customers. Our corporate headquarters is located in Fort Myers, Florida supporting our family of brands: Chico's, White House Black Market and Soma Intimates. We offer a variety of amenities and benefits onsite as well as a strong company culture. It's our passion to inspire and empower one another and give back to the communities in which we live and work. Providing Most Amazing Personal Service to our customers, our communities, and each other makes Chico's FAS, Inc. an amazing place to work, learn and grow.
11215 Metro Parkway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert