Sustainability Sr Manager
- Ralph Lauren
- Casalecchio di Reno, Italy
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- PR & Communications
- Senior Manager
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
In-region sustainability implementation expert to focus on regional suppliers' KPI performance improvement and overall sustainability capability building beyond assessment. Dual reporting to Sustainability Lead, Product and Supply Chain x Head of Regional Sourcing to secure alignment on performance expectations for suppliers with Sustainability and Sourcing strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide in-region sustainability subject matter expertise covering Higg FEM performance improvement, ZDHC implementation, and project implementation in Energy, Carbon, Water, and Chemicals impact areas.
* Manage post-assessment supplier sustainability engagements, sustainability KPI performance improvement, and capability building for suppliers.
* Regular engagement with cross functional teams in Sourcing, as well as suppliers, and external partners to drive progress towards RL supply chain sustainability goals.
* Deliver regional needs in general sustainability capability building opportunities and deployment strategies, partnering closely Sustainability and Sourcing teams.
* Drive supplier performance improvement monitoring and training/capability building incl. regular CAP follow-ups, site visits, implementation monitoring, and data reporting.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* 6+ years solid experience in apparel, textile and leather supply chain sustainability
* Bachelor's or advanced degree in environmental science, chemistry, sustainable development, and/or energy management
* Solid understanding in and passion for environmental sustainability issues and impact measurement.
* Accustomed to working in a global, diverse, and dynamic cross-functional environment with strong collaboration and communication (and presentation) skills
* Established network of industry stakeholders in the region
* Fluency in regional language i.e. Italian with strong written and verbal English.
* Advanced experience with MS Office applications
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert