Head of Product Management & Sourcing, RL Home
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 6 Apr 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
The Head of Product Management and Sourcing, RL Home will lead a cross-functional team, responsible for Home Textiles and Tabletop & Gift from product development, sourcing, and ultimately finished goods production. This position will lead the team in driving evolution of the end-to-end product calendar and processes - tracking the calendar adherence with authority to report the gaps and make sure all functions follow their deadlines as well as develop and implement product-sourcing strategies that support our design and merchandising plans, provide a flexible and reliable product supply, and exceed our divisional financial objectives. This is an equal parts strategic and operational role. Strategically, the Head will drive the development and management of a Calendar that provides Design with creative flexibility while providing the agility required to be reactive to market trends. Success is contingent upon developing and implementing differentiated calendars based on the unique development and production lead times across a wide variety of home product. The Sourcing Strategy will be a critical enabler of the overall product strategy. Key elements to include matching origin manufacturing with destination distribution, risk management, materials platforming, capacity management and supply/demand matching. Importantly, there is an opportunity to segment our products to develop differentiated supply chain models (i.e., home textiles is about leverage and fill rate while table top and gifts may be more suitable to outsourcing or supplier empowerment as it is a style and sku intensive business with limited volume). The role will work to develop end-to-end capabilities to enable the Home Long Range Plan. Leading performance with accordant metric results including, but not limited to on-time delivery performance, product costs, and quality execution. This is a high influence role, serving as a member of the cross-functional Home Leadership Team. The Head will need to work closely with a broad constituency - both functionally and geographically. This position will establish and maintain effective partnerships with Design, Merchandising, Planning, Commercial, Finance, Sourcing and Logistics, requiring a collaborative approach at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Validate, evolve, and manage the Home product calendar · Develop an agile development and sourcing model for home textiles that drives increases to post market commitments and significant improvement to fill-rates · Evaluate and evolve supplier base to meet LRP and product roadmap expectations · Conduct end to end review of Tabletop and Gifts product lifecycle. Consider third-party and supplier led development and sourcing to drive leverage · Develop and coach team, take ownership and drive accountability within their own and their team's work · Partner with Design and Merchandising to lead the creation of the sustainability roadmap for Home products · Map current capacity to that required by LRP. This includes building an organizational and Sourcing Strategy to taken on business in Japan and Europe currently managed by partners under licensing agreements. Develop action plan to meet capacity gaps
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• A proven and respected leader with global business experience and key competencies including design, development, sourcing, strategic vision, operational skills
• Superior product savvy and commercial acumen
• Substantial knowledge of trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity, production cycle timeline and fabric construction.
• A career demonstrating solid leadership skills and cross-functional influencing skills; a proven ability to develop and implement new strategies in competitive business situations.
• Strong understanding of the product life cycle & business calendars
• Exceptional ability to synthesize issues and draw valid, actionable conclusions from established facts.
• Visionary leader with ability to influence leaders, peers and team
• Experience leading & development high performing global teams
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• High emotional intelligence and relationship building skills
• Highly collaborative with cross functional partners
• Embodies RL Cultural Focus Areas & Success Drivers
• Exceptional people management and leadership skills
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert