Designer, Purple Label Outerwear
- Ralph Lauren
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 25 Mar 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Design role with a focus on luxury product construction & finishing. Design with a problem-solving mindset. A strong ability to research, design, follow up & follow through. Collaborate & partner closely with all cross- functional partners to execute product intent and business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Design Outerwear collections following the key parameters provided by RL.
* Serve as liaison between design, product management, technical design and merchandising to ensure information flow is accurate throughout development process.
* Participate in fit and prototype review sessions, ensure all relevant updates are communicated clearly & thoroughly in digital format.
* Participate & responsible in all construction hand off, fitting, protos revision and relevant update required.
* Facilitate trim hand-off to product development and trim departments.
* Facilitate fabric hand-off to product development and fabric department.
* Follow up in fabric, trims, branding developments.
* Resolve product design and development problems.
* Apply appropriate research methods and resources to efficiently obtain current, reliable, and credible information regarding markets, colors, trends, consumers, retailer strategies, and other required essential information.
* Review protos with product and technical teams to make comments.
* Conducts market research relating to business need.
* Adhere to corporate calendar & timing.
* Participate & prep in all design meetings.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Apparel or fashion design BA degree or equivalent experience.
* Must have experience in the outerwear categories.
* Independent, self-motivated, team player, and detail-oriented.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must be highly organized.
* Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
* Must be highly collaborative in a team environment.
* Strong work ethic.
* Proficient with computer programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, PLM & MS Office.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert