Since 2005, VEJA has been creating sneakers in a different way, mixing social projects, economic justice, and ecological materials. VEJA uses Brazilian and Peruvian organic cotton for the canvas and laces, Amazonian rubber for the soles, and various innovative materials from recycled plastic bottles or recycled polyester. VEJA sneakers are produced in high-standard factories in Brazil. Part of VEJA’s logistics is managed by Log’ins, a professional and social inclusion company.
VEJA is currently looking for a Wholesale Account Executive to join our growing team in North America. The role will focus on specialty and independent stores, both for our adults and kids’ businesses.
Our North America office is based in New York City, although the location of this role will be determined by the candidate profile. Candidates based in all geographies of the United States are encouraged to apply.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITES
Essential functions of the role include but are not limited to:
Account Development & Sales Analysis
o Manage and grow existing accounts in North America, ensuring strong customer relationships and sales target achievement.
o Identify new prospects in key markets and develop strategies to bring onboard new accounts. o Build and maintain relationships with key retail counterparts including buyers, merchandisers, store owners, and retail staff.
o Develop and implement sales plans and strategies to drive sales growth and promote the VEJA Project
o Appropriately manage seasonal budget allocation across all accounts.
o Provide regular sales reports and analysis to retail partners and wholesale leadership.
o Proactively present in-season stock opportunities with current accounts.
o Present seasonal collection to retail partners twice per year and manage the order process including order entry and order confirmations.
o Manage and track shipping activity for all accounts. Communicate and resolve delays and issues with accounts.
o Work closely with accounting to secure payment from accounts for shipments.
o Provide accounts with necessary assets such as imagery, UPCs, order forms, catalogs, suggested orders, etc.
o Ensure retailer satisfaction by providing exceptional customer service and support.
• Plan market tours minimum twice a year visiting current accounts and seeking out new prospects.
• Stay informed on key industry trends and present opportunities for growth.
• Attend industry trade shows as needed with the wholesale team.
• Deliver product knowledge sessions to accounts either in-person or virtually.
• Commitment to the VEJA Project and vision; passionate about fair-trade fashion brands.
• 3-4 years prior experience in a similar role with a fashion brand, footwear preferred.
• Familiarity with retail math and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. V-lookups, and Pivot Tables are a must.
• Strong and confident knowledge of ERP systems, ideally with SAP.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of initiative and results-driven approach.
• Clear and concise communication skills must be able to work collaboratively with the North America team and Paris HQ.
• Positive “can-do” attitude, ability to adapt to a fast-growing organization.
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of time. • Bachelor’s degree in business, fashion merchandising or similar area, French speaker is a plus.
VEJA North America’s Benefits include the following:
• Competitive PTO policy
• Healthcare / Vision / Dental / Life Insurance
• Commuter contribution and monthly lunch stipend