- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 21 Apr 2023
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Senior Business Analyst will lead the collection, analysis and prioritisation of requirements for change within new Retail IT projects; focusing on meeting the goals and objectives of the business. The Senior Business Analyst will primarily collaborate with designated business functions, Project Managers, Solution Architects and Solution Providers.
The Retail IT team has a global responsibility to support colleagues across the Burberry retail estate. With a focus on people and process requirements to deliver excellent instore experiences for customers and associates alike through the innovation of retail journeys that are underpinned by quality IT applications. Because of this, the successful colleague will need to travel to work closely with Retail colleagues, at the London headquarters with the potential for travel to stores /sites in the UK and beyond.
- Recognise problem statements to direct the definition of clear business need to analyse the impact of required change across people, process and technology at an enterprise level (i.e. cross functional end to end)
- Provides strategic business analysis to scope new Project and Small Change Initiatives within the Retail environment, ensuring the impact and scale of the change are understood, outcomes are clear and aligned to the Retail roadmap
- Develop relationships with business functions to form an understanding of the retail operations to assess identified problem statements and enable informed decisions on required changes and influence the approach to address them
- Switch seamlessly from strategic thinking and fine detail to ensure rigor of business analysis approach and quality of outputs
- Lead the collection and prioritisation of project specific business requirements and ensure they are relayed to the architecture and delivery teams to develop cost estimates
- Run workshops, gather business requirements and define processes
- Ensure that the business change aspects are considered, understood and planned for
- Liaise closely with Project Managers to define and estimate Business Analysis activity required to achieve agreed outcomes
- Collaborate with the business and project team throughout the solution build to ensure alignment with defined business requirements
- Follow defined Waterfall/Agile methodology and deliverables, adapting to meet the needs of the initiative
- Contribute to the development of the organisations business analysis capability by building relationships across the Business Analysis community to share best practice and collaborate on practice improvement opportunities
- Lead the continual review and identification of changes to current ways of working and methods that enhance the business analysis activity and wider change delivery.
- Facilitate the acceptance of functional and non-functional requirements
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Support Business Change activities required to successfully embed the change
- Adhere to project timelines as defined by the Project Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills and be extremely detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyse complex requirements, processes and systems to put solutions in place
- Strong facilitation skills in a face to face and remote environment
- BCS Certification in Business Analysis (or comparable) ideal but not required
- Experience of working on large and complex enterprise level change projects.
- Delivery of change from initiation to implementation including the embedding changes into the operational areas.
- Experience in gathering, documenting requirements to meet the business outcomes
- Experience of working on a projects in a Retail environment (desirable)
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Self-motivated, creative and passionate
- Self-directed and independent worker who can lead and work with cross functional teams
- Ability to adapt approaches depending on the business setting.
Measures of Success
- Necessary level of engagement with the business and project team throughout the project lifecycle
- Business needs are precisely defined through business requirements documentation and communications
- Functional specifications of the solution meet business requirements
- Changes are successfully deployed to meet the business outcomes
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert