Technical Designer, Knitwear
- Los Angeles, California
- $70-90k, Health Benefits, 401(k), Unlimited PTO
- Closing date
- 21 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The objective of the Technical Designer is to serve as a key liaison between Development/Production and the Design Team, ensuring all designs are translated in line with the Company’s vision and Production best practices. This role is responsible for executing design concepts into clear, concise tech packs, ready for Production.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create, edit, and maintain tech packs – sketching, documenting specs, fit comments, and bill of materials.
- Partner with Design Team to conduct fit sessions, ensuring proper fit of garments, reflective of Design Team’s vision and intent.
- Spec all garments, taking detailed notes, ensuring final construction, quality, and fit meet Company best practices and standards.
- Input grade rules, approved specs, and BOM.
- Organize and maintain design history (samples) in organized and manageable fashion.
- Oversee and manage general flow of information related to fit processes; tracking samples, updating relevant tech logs, communicating with internal and external parties as needed.
- Other tasks as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
- Accredited degree in design required (Bachelor’s or Associate Degree).
- 5+ years of related experience in Knits; Sweaters experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently to all levels of the organization.
- Keen understanding of garment construction – including silhouettes, techniques, trim, stitching, and yarn.
- Knowledge of macro, micro, industry, and consumer trends and how they evolve.
- Ability to work independently, performing a variety of tasks with different levels of complexity by developing effective plans and organizing work efficiently.
- Keen sense of organization; ability to maintain accurate records and inventory of items.
- Demonstrated ability to work within design calendar deadlines and deliverables.
- Participate actively within team setting as well as cross-functionally to facilitate effective outcomes.
- Behave in a goal-oriented manner, prioritizing and completing tasks in order of importance.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Mike Amiri built a formative philosophy from his upbringing in the heart of Hollywood. Along Sunset blvd, surrounded by graffiti artists, skaters and musicians, the groundwork for the AMIRI collection was formed through an authentic inspiration of Los Angeles nostalgia.
The AMIRI collection was launched in 2014 as an exclusive capsule within the Los Angeles boutique Maxfield. The pieces were designed to incorporate elements of California culture understood by natives, while also featuring street elements to define a new, modern form of luxury.
In 2015, the brand expanded distribution upon the sucess of the capsule and, in 2016, introduced women’s ready to-wear, footwear and accessories.
Each AMIRI collection is centered around local manufacturing, with RTW produced in the LA Arts District from materials sourced in Italy, Japan and France. The spirit of AMIRI pieces emanates from a genuine perspective combining irreverent, handmade expertise with luxurious, global fabrications.
Mike endeavors to consistently retain an individualized approach with each garment. Heritage elements such as distress detailing, signature denim washes and artisanal treatments are now synonymous with the AMIRI identity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert