Designer, Tommy Hilfiger Asia Pacific
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Full Time
You will contribute to setting-up the TH Design team in Hong Kong, which is fully part of the TH Global Design team (based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands). This local hub is based in Hong Kong and focused to design styles for the Chinese consumer
Next to the local Design team, this Hub will also have a dedicated Product Development team based in Hong Kong, who you will work closely with. Together with the local Merchandise team, the objective of the Hub is to create better local relevant product, in line with the TH Global Design direction.
- Based in PVH Hong Kong office, as part of the Tommy Hilfiger (TH) Global Design team
- Reporting into the Design Manager of the Hong Kong team
- Responsible for the colour and concept of seasonal and non-seasonal TH styles developed for the Chinese market
- Responsible for Design of the seasonal and non-seasonal TH styles developed for the Chinese market
- Ensure close collaboration and full alignment with TH Global Design team (the Netherlands) and provide input to the Global team on China market specifics, trends etc.
- Build & improve the TH China Design Hub, oversee and consult on operational activities (e.g. sketching) of CN Design team
- Researching trends and conducting market research that can be worked into the Tommy Hilfiger brand strategy for the Chinese market.
- Researching & analyzing the China market to be aware of the market's to be aware market's current & future trend and always be head of game, and providing insights on this to the TH Global Design team in the Netherlands.
- Translate Global Design Brief mood boards into specific TH China brief, with mood boards, to set direction for sourcing purposes (e.g. to send out to vendors)
- Follow the range plan set by the merchandisers to build commercial outerwear and bottoms collections.
- Develop sketches in alignment with Global Design Brief and Merchandising range plan using initial research, present sketches to stakeholders (e.g. Merchandising) during (pre)sketch/proto review, and revise sketches based on feedback
- Preparing all necessary design decks and boards for divisional presentations and discuss designs or protos at key design meetings to ensure fit into collection, quality of product, and innovativeness.
- Follow up on styles & selected fabrics each season in collaboration with product developers and communicating this to our buying offices/vendors & retail needs.
- Working closely and communicating daily on issues/changes that arise from the development of selected styles.
- You will collaborate with product developers to ensure a smooth work flow each season when executing each style.
- Working closely with the Technical Department for the executing of garment fittings.
- Attend fittings to help find solutions to any problems that may come up during the fitting process.
- Continuous development of new fabrics, yarns, wool and downs.
- Compile and maintain library by archiving Design input (e.g. sketches, fabrics, samples)
- Working with the Fabric Team to select the best fabrics for each collection.
- Presenting seasonal & non-seasonal collection to merchandising team & management as requested.
- Working to the divisional calendar to meet deadlines.
- Engage in (continuous) projects aimed at efficiency and quality improvements (e.g. brand book, CSR, Innovation, Sustainability)
- Making sure that the Tommy DNA is seen in each garment.
- Degree at Bachelor level - in Fashion Design
- Minimum 4+ years related experience in (a) leading Men's brand(s), with at least 3 years of experience in the Chinese market
- Very commercial mentality with consumer insights
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fitting and pattern making
- Eye for details with an extensive knowledge of fabric and wool.
- Passion for men's fashion with a good sense of style
- An extensive knowledge on 'new' technical developments in the Chinese market.
- Great sense of color concept and patternation.
- People Management experience plus.
- A team-player, mature and flexible
- Excellent computer skills (Illustrator/ Photoshop) & hand drawn skills.
- 3D experiences plus
- Ability to translate trends into a commercial collection with a contemporary handwriting
- Capable of working in a hectic and always changing environment
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, as English is the working language of the company.
- Open communicator and able to work with a number of personalities
TOMMY HILFIGER is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS brands, with a breadth of collections including HILFIGER COLLECTION, TOMMY HILFIGER TAILORED, TommyXGigi, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process. TOMMY HILFIGER, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 15,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 100 countries and more than 1,800 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the TOMMY HILFIGER brand were US $7.4 billion in 2017.
Stadhouderskade 6 Amsterdam
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert