Assistant Product Developer
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Type of position: Assistant Product Developer
Company: Self Portrait
Areas of fashion: Fashion Design & Production
Location: Farringdon, London
Hours: Full time
As Assistant Product Developer at Self Portrait, you will support the Product Development Team with general administration each season including chasing in fabric approvals, managing zedonk uploads and supporting fabric development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years experience in product development
- Able to work both independently and part of a team
- Experience with large volumes of data entry ensuring complete detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills, experience of working in fast passed environment
- Knowledge of fabrics and technical components
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously
- Stress-resilient and solution oriented
- A strong eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude with excellent attention to detail
- Good negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Dedicated, hardworking and committed person willing to progress as the company grows
- Passionate about the product
- Demonstrates taste level that aligns with the brand
- Strong excel knowledge
- Zedonk experience preferred
- Building and maintaining a close working relationship with design and technical.
- Assisting in creating tech packs
- Assisting in approvals of lab dips, strike offs and embroideries
- Day to day monitoring of production/development progress with factories
- Responsible for chasing in samples across initials and SMS press stage ensuring they are delivered on time
- Administrative support to the PD team
- Ensuring all lab dips are submitted and approved in a timely manner
- Assisting Senior PDs with launching print strike offs
- Organising, filing and archiving samples, swatches and raw materials
- Working alongside Senior PDs to ensure all product information is uploaded to Zedonk aligning with agreed deadline
- Working closely with the design team, technical team & HK office on all seasonal and exclusive collections
- Supporting sales team with product information
A British brand with a global perspective.
self-portrait are privately owned, independent and unashamedly consumer centric. Behind everything self-portrait does is a desire to uplift, empower and celebrate its customers.
We both embrace and invest in the future of the brand and of the industry.
The self-portrait brand operates 30 stores in the UK, China and Thailand, with a retail network of over 400 stores in 70 countries, seeing an average of 60,000 unique visitors to its e-commerce website each week.
Since debuting with womenswear, the brand has also expanded to include categories such as swimwear, bridal, bags, accessories and childrenswear.
self-portrait is part of the newly formed SP Collection, a group that has been set up to discover, nurture, and develop best in class creativity and design. Roland Mouret joined the group back in 2021.
90-98 GOSWELL ROAD
Apply for Assistant Product Developer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert