- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 27 Mar 2023
- Production - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Type of position: Product Developer
Company: Self Portrait
Areas of fashion: Fashion Design & Production
Location: Farringdon, London
Hours: Full time
As Product Developer at Self Portrait, you will be collaborating with the design team ensuring their concepts are represented for each collection. You will be required to supervise the product development process from the handover of the range plan through to submission of selling samples; ensuring styles are constructed cost effectively, meet deadlines and liaising with manufacturers daily ensuring requests and deliveries are met through the critical path.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years experience in product development
- Ability to work in partnership with Senior Designers, understanding and interpreting their creative aesthetic and design vision and translating this to teams and vendors
- Experience in developing multi product women’s soft separates
- Able to work both independently and part of a team
- Strong organisational skills, experience of working in fast passed environment
- Experience of attending fit sessions
- Strong knowledge of fabrics and technical components
- Experience within a luxury womenswear brand with fashion week experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate multiple activities simultaneously
- Stress-resilient and solution oriented
- A strong eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- An understanding of complex garment construction, print and embellishment
- Maintaining good relationships and communication with our supply base
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude with excellent attention to detail
- Good negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Dedicated, hardworking and committed person willing to progress as the company grows
- Passionate about the product
- Demonstrates taste level that aligns with the brand
- Travel may be required
- Building and maintaining a close working relationship with design and technical.
- Acting as the technical partner for design during creative fits, attending fittings, providing feedback on technical feasibility, brainstorming ideas and solutions to ensure the design vision is translated into product
- Day to day monitoring of production/development progress with factories
- Responsible for delivering initials and samples on time, to the quality standard, and within cost price range
- Improve efficiency and help set up standards to avoid errors
- Responsible for ensuring functionality and ensuring products are developed that are fit for purpose for the customer, brand and business
- Drive innovation and develop/source fabrications along with Senior Product Developer prior to each season working closely with design to ensure their vision is executed
- Continually research raw materials, trims etc working with Far East suppliers and vendors to build on materials library and relationships
- Attend initial and press fittings each season ensuring materials, trims and colours are confirmed with design and to liaise with the factory base on any potential changes
- Good knowledge of fabric and trim testing against testing requirements
- Working with the designers and Senior Product Developer for tech pack handover and ensuring all tech packs are created and sent to manufacturers in line with agreed deadline
- Assist the Senior Product Developer to manage the range plan during the development stages as this evolves
- Communicate changes after each stage of fitting to the factory base in terms of fabrication and trims
- Assist the Senior Product Developer in managing the process of component approval into production – liaising with design and technical department i.e., lab dips approvals and ensuring materials are fit for purpose along with carrying out the approval of raw material submissions. This will be across the entire collection, every season
- Working closely with the design team, technical team & HK office on all seasonal and exclusive collections
- Supporting sales team with product information
- Supporting and training the Junior Product Developers
A British brand with a global perspective.
self-portrait are privately owned, independent and unashamedly consumer centric. Behind everything self-portrait does is a desire to uplift, empower and celebrate its customers.
We both embrace and invest in the future of the brand and of the industry.
The self-portrait brand operates 30 stores in the UK, China and Thailand, with a retail network of over 400 stores in 70 countries, seeing an average of 60,000 unique visitors to its e-commerce website each week.
Since debuting with womenswear, the brand has also expanded to include categories such as swimwear, bridal, bags, accessories and childrenswear.
self-portrait is part of the newly formed SP Collection, a group that has been set up to discover, nurture, and develop best in class creativity and design. Roland Mouret joined the group back in 2021.
90-98 GOSWELL ROAD
Apply for Product Developer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert