Associate Product Developer
- Show Me Your Mumu
- Los Angeles County, California
- DOE: $34-36/hour
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Full Time
The position focuses on all styles relating to main collection, swim collection with an emphasis on
managing the “cut ups” & “graphic t-shirt” programs independently. To be part of the Design team, candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance of the Mumu HQ office in Los Angeles, CA. and work in the office approximately 3 days per week.
• Helps create and maintain line sheets for main collection and swim + swim tech packs each season
• Responsible for creating and maintaining all BOM execution from beginning development
• Creates and sets up all fabric guides and is responsible for distributing them amongst cross-functional teams
• Works independently with outside vendors to develop new trims and notions
• Manages the graphic tee program by setting and leading meeting with Creative Directors and
subsequently executing the development
• Works with private label partners to create and execute new t-shirt styles based on creatives final
• Manages the graphic designer by collaborating on colors, sizing and placement of graphic
• Coordinates pick up and drop offs with all outside vendors to ensure t-shirt samples are received
on schedule and that duplicates are represented at the merchandise line meeting
• Negotiates t-shirt sample costing to ensure sample development is in line with department budget
• Leads and directs the monthly cut-ups program by executing initial line sheets for kick off
• Works in conjunction with creative directors and buyers to execute monthly selling styles based
• Responsible for receiving, checking and processing all cut up styles emailed from buyers while
simultaneously executing BOMS for each style
• Set up swatch and print packages for send out as needed for imports (swim & kids)
• Responsible for CAD illustrations and line sheet updates relating to the t-shirt program and cut
• Supports the collection designer by maintaining style organization throughout the development
process; works cross functionally to ensure a smooth and efficient seasonal hand off of main collection
styles to pre-production team each season by participating in the pre-production QC review
• Responsible for participating in the wholesale fit review meeting each season to ensure fit
comments are translated to the production team
• Other duties as assigned
• Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment, flexible in changing direction as needed.
• Familiar and comfortable working in Adobe Suites Apps- specifically Illustrator
• Must be able to execute CAD illustrations in Adobe Illustrator
• PC literate with basic understanding and skills in using keyboard and Microsoft office products
• Candidate must be highly organized with ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency and be a
• Must have experience in measuring garments and garment construction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 5 years product development or design work experience
• Bachelor’s or Associates degree in fashion design or product development preferred
• Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities- must be a self starter
• Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
• Knowledge with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge with Adobe applications- Photoshop & Illustrator
• Able to work and think independently as well as part of a team.
• Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
Show Me Your Mumu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider for employment all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Once upon a time, on a magical island...Two free-spirited and lively ladies created an invention essential to the daily lives of girls. The island was Manhattan, and the invention was called the Mumu. This is where our story begins...
Brunette and Blonde besties, Cammy and Cologne, packed up their UC Berkeley college closets and moved to NYC to live out their big city dreams. Cammy was born on the bayou in New Orleans, while Cologne was a Newport Beach bred mermaid, however both found themselves working in fashion. They quickly learned a thing or two about the fast-paced creative business, and its perks— free clothes! (small salary). However, there was something clearly missing. They needed that one versatile piece they could wear almost anywhere.
Cammy and Cologne were constantly buying shirts and tops in sizes much larger than they wore, stretch out the neck and throw on to become the ideal comfy yet cute mumu-esque dress. However, as many tops that they stretched and dresses that they cut, they could not find the ideal fit. It needed to be flowy and short, flattering and feminine, but sexy at the same time. It wasn’t until the girls went on a spontaneous weekend trip to Miami, with only their purses to pack, did they realize what needed to be done.
Once they set their sights on making Mumus, they could not stop talking about it. That night, a dear and lifelong bff was informed of the two ladies’ brilliant and crucial invention. Naturally, he exclaimed
“ Reinventing the mumu?! I love it!
Show me your Mumu! ”
And there it was, sparkling and clear. The girls knew that name was going to stick.
Back in NYC, the girls decided to turn their Mumu day dreams into a reality. Still holding down full time jobs, Cammy and Cologne worked tirelessly— starting the company from scratch. With little money or resources and using Craig's List as their HR, they found a Patternmaker, web designer, and production source. Their tiny Nolita apartment was transformed into a design and warehouse shipping department, storing Mumus and supplies anywhere they could including their oven. The TV became a clothing rack, their nights became design meetings and they used their lunch breaks to fabric hunt in the garment district. The girls' hustle paid off, and in a few short months they had their first Mumus in hand.
Fast forward— 1 cross country move, 6 office spaces, multiple product categories, and dozens of collections later, Show Me Your Mumu has evolved into so much more. Although the days of dancing all night and shipping out of their tiny NYC apartment all day have gone, the heart and spirit of Mumu remains the same.
Nearly ten years since moving to Los Angeles, Cammy + Cologne have created a true lifestyle brand and an army of real #mumugirls that function more like family than a brand. Together the Mumu girls have grown the company exponentially, working and often times living together, they celebrate each other's milestones, support each other through the highs and lows, and always have each other’s backs. What started out as a crazy idea, has evolved into so much more than just making Mumus-- it’s also about girls supporting girls, and lifting each other up.
Mumu has remained passionate about bringing customers quality pieces that are unique, special and ethically made. Mumu is proud to produce 80% of pieces in the USA, employing over 80% women, our clothes are made with care and never mass produced.
Throughout this wild ride, Cammy and Cologne have welcomed their customers to come along on the adventure and join in on the fun. Mumu strives to have a special connection with its customers by remaining approachable and real. Nobody has encouraged them and inspired them more than you, the real life Mumu girls from all across the globe that bring Mumu clothes to life! Mumu believes that every girl can be a #Mumugirl and live the Mumu lifestyle. The Mumu motto is “ Life is fun, your clothes should be too! ”
1834 East 22nd Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert