Technical Designer, Seamless
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
What you'll do:
- Manage day-to-day communication with factories
- Serve as liaison between cross functional teams ensuring style revisions are accurately communicated throughout the product development cycle
- Communicate timeline conflicts and challenges and suggest call to action to mitigate risks.
- Provide a clear understanding of factory partner capabilities
- Partner on Bill of Materials and updates between design and overseas factories
- Anticipate and creatively solve any quality control concerns. Partner with the Raw Material team, identify where we should wear test new materials to ensure that our products are of the highest quality and standards.
- Lead all fittings and come prepared to offer guidance to meet on time and top-quality execution.
- Execute and update tech packs to vendors
- Coordinate, prepare and organize fit samples for live model fittings and inspect samples following company quality standards
- Update and track sample WIP report
- Attend cross-functional weekly meetings and offer updates, guidance, and solutions
- 4-6+ years of experience in a similar role
- Deep understanding of performance knits, ideally 2+ years owning seamless / knit categories in technical design
- Significant experience with product development and production process
- Robust communication skills a must
- Knowledgeable on apparel products, fabric construction and finished garments
- Strong understand of trims and materials
- Deadline focused and goal driven
- Strong excel / Google Sheets experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Understanding and knowledge of fabric types and garment construction
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and achieve production ready fit and grade
- Experience in PLM
- Ability to sketch in adobe illustrator
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- This is a full time, exempt position located in Santa Monica.
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
- At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $59,500 and $85,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service
A little bit about us...
FIGS, Inc. is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We redefine what scrubs are by creating technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. With the largest DTC platform in healthcare apparel, we sell our products to a rapidly growing community of loyal customers. Through these customer relationships, FIGS has built a community and lifestyle around a profession, revolutionizing the large and fragmented healthcare apparel market and becoming the industry's category-defining healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand.
Our Threads for Threads initiative is integral to our mission to improve the lives of healthcare professionals on a global scale. Founded alongside FIGS in 2013, Threads for Threads donates scrubs to healthcare professionals working in resource-poor countries around the world.
FIGS is revolutionizing the $60B medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through a thoughtfully branded and data-driven, digitally native platform. We have transformed the way medical professionals think and purchase their workwear and created a fanatical community made up of roughly one in ten people in the US that work in healthcare. FIGS product quality has set a new standard in apparel design and has a relentless focus on fit, function, design, and comfort. We also give back. Our Threads for Threads initiative is central to the mission and has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries around the world. We're a fast-growing, innovative, and collaborative team whose mission is to serve those who serve others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert