- Halfpenny London
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 28 Mar 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a creative, passionate Design Assistant to join our Design Team.
You will be responsible for working closely with the Design and Atelier teams to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to take part in all aspects of the sales to design process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a great opportunity to input into the creative journey here at Halfpenny London, sharing your knowledge and experience as part of our team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Work with the teams to facilitate a well-organised process for new collection development through data management using our production software, project management software and internal sheets.
- Assist with development phases. This includes research, maintaining organised records of fabric sampling and fit notes.
- Assist with seasonal photoshoots, events and launches.
- Work within budget allocation in the design department
- Minute taking during key meetings and fitting sessions
- To have a comprehensive knowledge of the Halfpenny London standards, and ensure these are met through processes, quality of product, and professional conduct.
- Assist with design development under the HOD (Head of Design). Conducting design research and collaborative development.
- Work in conjunction with Design and Atelier on beading and embroidery artwork approval. Liaising with the manufacturers for correct specifications on each order.
- Create all technical specification drawings.
- Be the administrative connection between the Garment Technologist, Atelier Coordinator and your design team during development of new collection and assist in all workflow aspects from design through to final sample. Maintain all databases (Zedonk and Googlesheets)
- Attend all fittings – take detailed notes and share with the relevant team members to ensure information is updated across the teams and in Zedonk.
- Set up and help run castings. Liaise with model agents; you will be responsible for all communications with all models and model agents, under the supervision of the HOD.
- Sourcing materials for new development and special projects. Such as props and vinyl’s for events, hangers and other branding. Finding competitive rates in the market.
- Assist with presentations and developing graphics.
- To ensure the Design workspace is kept clean, tidy and organized at all times.
- Submit PO’s and invoices to accounting
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong technical drawing ability using Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent working knowledge of the Adobe suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator particularly)
- Knowledge of draping, garment construction and fabric behaviour
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role.
- You will work with initiative and a self drive.
- You will be highly organised and run a clear diary for your team.
- You will operate in a professional manner, as a proud representative of Halfpenny London, and the culture of the brand. This means bringing a problem solving attitude, a friendly approach, and a courteous manner in all dealings.
Note: This list is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. The content above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the role. This does not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please submit your portfolio including technical drawings, concept mood board and hand illustrations.
Please also include your salary expectations and notice period in your cover letter.
The first round of interviews will begin on Friday March 24th.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert