Performance Improvement Senior Manager
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 26 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To drive the development, delivery and embedding of CI framework and tools to support functions in BBS in performance improvement activities.
The person will be will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the collaboration with the BBS functions to ensure that all open audit actions are being addressed; acting as point of escalation for items not addressed/concerns. Supporting the functional teams to review processes as appropriate and looking where possible to simplify, standardise and improve the underlying controls framework.
• Setting the direction, defining the tool sets and approach for a "CI light" framework to support the functional leaders, and their teams (each team has a nominated CI point of contact), therefore this role is to provide an overarching framework and ensure alignment in approach and benefits delivery, working closely with the Head of BBS.
• Develop an Automation CoE plan and approach that can be deployed across multiple functions and not just BBS. Consider different funding models and stakeholder engagement.
• Work with the Head of BBS and the Service Performance Lead to explore opportunities for expanding the BBS support model further supported by the automation and CI principles, reviewing impact/risk and resource requirements. Flag impact/considerations to Head of BBS / HR as appropriate.
• Engaging with multiple stakeholders, building relationships with customers and working closely with internal BBS teams to drive performance improvement and embed a culture of elevating our service provision and improving the customer experience. Share updates / risks to senior stakeholder, including Leadership teams, regularly to ensure effective communication, alignment and stakeholder buy-in.
• Ensuring that there is a cohesive plan to address all open audit items
• There is a CI framework in place that can be used to govern and monitor BBS functional improvements.
• The CI framework can be deployed to other parts of the business to support process improvement work and facilitate the training of others to deploy
• Develop and deploy an approach to automation that is pragmatic e.g. deployment of Power Apps, is scalable and adaptable cross functionally. Thereby building a capability that ensures BBS become more relevant to other functions as well as Finance, HR and Procurement.
• Working with the Head of BBS, develop a pipeline and demand from the wider business for support and integration of activity into BBS.
- Degree educated
- Project Management Qualification (Desirable)
- Accounting Qualification (Desirable)
- At least 5 years' experience in CI/ Process Improvement/ project management
- Experienced and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience of working in a shared services environment (desirable)
- Experience of automated process improvement tools, techniques and deployment ways of working.
- Previous experience of working with Business Intelligence toolsets (Power BI, Tableau)
- Presents a welcoming attitude to change and adjusts dynamically to continuous business change and improvement.
- Ability to absorb large quantities of information and identify key points
- Drive to develop expertise in the area of shared services and the business processes it delivers
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert