- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 1 Apr 2023
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Coordinator / Executive
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This role is to work directly with the Senior Designer and Creative Director, offering inspiration research, technique developments, draped designs/details and sketches, supporting the creative design process from start to finish.
This role must ensure to bring creative strength and newness to each collection, as well as understanding the business requirements in terms of commercial needs to support the growth of the business.
To work closely with the Senior Product Developer and Atelier Manager to ensure design handovers are clear and critical paths are adhered to.
To work across all RTW woven and knitwear collections, including pre and main, accessories, exclusive capsules, bridal, and any other adhoc projects.
*Please note: Candidates are only considered when CV is supported with a PDF portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare relevant and creative research on themes, colours, fabrics, around the season’s brief.
- To initiate original design drapes and sketches, following the Senior Designer’s seasonal brief.
- Design product that conforms to the range plan and creative vision of the brand. Collaborating with different functions within the company, such as the sales team to ensure commerciality of collection, and range plan, and development / production to respect margin expectations.
- Launch trials and patterns with the Atelier
- Own and maintain seasonal boards (inspirations, print concepts, trials, sketches, garment information) as well as a design binder/archive.
- Responsible for maintenance of collection boards and ensuring clear updates to Development and Studio team.
- Work with development to create tech packs for launching trims and hardware details
- Participate in weekly/seasonal fits with the design and development teams.
- Responsible for cad drawings of to show design ideas for shape, print, knit and embroidery ideas and all approved designs and managing an assistant to deliver.
- Working closely with Product Development and Studio team on ensuring compliance of critical paths.
- Be a key leader in handover of collection to Production team, ensuring that key design details are understood and maintained.
- Must have 2 years of experience in luxury
- Must be proficient in hand drawing, CAD, and using drape
- Must have advanced knowledge in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience across both womens and menswear is ideal
- Good technical knowledge with a ready-to-wear sensitivity
- Good knowledge of the fashion industry
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Based in London, the company culture is dynamic and entrepreneurial but with a strategic vision. The culture of this fast-growing brand requires strong organisational skills, team players, good communication skills, a “Can Do” and 360 approach.
16Arlington is the London fashion house making clothes with stories to tell the morning after.
124-128 Barlby Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert