At Self-Portrait we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Womenswear Designer to join our expanding team.
The Self-Portrait Range is growing, and as a result we are looking for people interested in, but not limited to, the below categories:
- Women’s RTW, Pre and Show collections
- Swim and Resortwear
As a Designer at Self-Portrait, you will work directly with the Creative Director across all stages of the Design process. You will have ownership of one or more categories, as well as being involved in all aspects of the whole Design Process for each collection. The right candidate will have a strong background in Contemporary or Luxury Design, as well as excelled Photoshop/Illustrator skills.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to take part as a member of a small team, and a passion for your work is key.
- You will be responsible for designing a part of the Self-Portrait range, involved in all aspects of the Design Process
- Working directly with the Creative Director to consistently develop and build on the Self-Portrait collection
- Designing part of the range, responsible for the creation, development, and execution of your designs.
-Working collaboratively with Design Manger, Designers and Assistant Designers throughout from Initial Research stages through to Press Stage.
- Carry out research and design development based on the decided Direction for each collection, and ensuring that the wider team are aware of this.
- Involved in the development of fabrications and Prints.
- Work collaboratively in fittings with Garment Technician and Product Development teams to ensure that all Design amends are communicated accurately.
- Work with Design team to create accurate and detailed CAD mock-ups of all styles
- Working with the Creative Director & Design team to evolve and expand the growing self-portrait range to ensure it reflects the needs of the customer and the ever-changing market.
- Collaborating with the wider Self-Portrait team to ensure that all styles are fit for purpose.
- Work collaboratively with the merchandising team to plan and finalise the collection
- Analysing historic sales data to develop understanding of customer need.
-Motivate, encourage, and monitor the creative team’s research and creative ideas
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ year’s experience in a Contemporary/Premium or Luxury Womenswear Designer role
- BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- A positive can-do attitude, and ability to work independently as well as to embrace teamwork
- Some experience with Print and Fabric Design / willingness to contribute to this
- Good time management and ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple tasks
- Interest in fashion, and a good understanding of the Self-Portrait aesthetic
Please apply with CV and Portfolio. Applications without the required documents will not be considered.