Junior Finance Analyst
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Role: Junior Finance Analyst
Reporting to: Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Head Office, White City Place, West London
Contract type: Full Time
Workplace Type: Hybrid
Closing Date: 31/03/2023
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business. In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the Role:
As a result of exceptional business growth over the last 2 years, we are looking to expand the Commercial Finance Team at our Head Office. Reporting to the Senior Finance Analyst, you will research and analyse financial information to help the company make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own initiative, be proficient in Excel and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Consolidating and analysing financial data, taking into account company’s goals and financial standing.
- Assembling and summarising data to structure reports on financial status and risks.
- Develop & maintain financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
- Identify trends, advise and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on analysis.
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about the industry.
- Assisting in weekly trade reporting across business channels including Financial, Retail and Ecommerce
- Variance analysis and investigation; working with the wider business to ensure reporting and data is consistent across the teams
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function – help develop dashboard in our data stack.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data and assisting in the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis such as potential new store openings.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven working experience as a Finance Analyst, at least 1 year
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications.
- Excellent presentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and information analysis.
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field preferred with a minimum 2.1.
- Sage 200 experience preferable but not essential.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Generous Staff Discount of up to 70% off and Sample Sales
- Generous Friends and Family Discount
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assisted Program (EAP) offering annual health checks, financial wellbeing support and physical and mental wellbeing services
- Length of Service Awards Employee referral incentive
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer and Christmas parties
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid Training Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer Day
- Tech scheme with Curry's PC world
- Annual Eye Care Voucher for a free eye test and money off glasses frames with Specsavers
- Real Living Wage Employer
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package after 2 years of service
We are an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Minorites, LGBTQ+ candidates and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
When uploading your CV, please do not include any symbols in the name, otherwise the system will not accept your application.
Please email email@example.com should you require any adjustments needed to take part in this recruitment process
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert