Senior iOS Engineer
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 27 Apr 2023
- Senior Manager
What You'll Do:
- Help design, build and implement consumer facing features for our new FIGS mobile application
- Create compelling in-app experiences that will reach thousands of users globally
- Collaborate with product manager, engineers and design team to influence the roadmap and product development
- Contribute to internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience or education
- 5+ years working on mobile applications for iOS
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Extensive experience with Swift -- Objective-C experience is also a good bonus
- A preference for TDD-style development over YDD (YOLO driven development)
- Experience building adaptive user interfaces in iOS
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL backend service layers
- Awareness of common security vulnerabilities and how to avoid them
- Demonstrated ability to architect scalable and maintainable applications
Bonus points for:
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks like Appium or EarlGrey
- Experience working with an e-commerce framework like Shopify, BigCommerce, or WooCommerce
- Experience setting up CI/CD build processes and pipelines
What You'll Bring:
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration: we work in small cross-functional teams and as individual engineers. We are not afraid of challenges and working together to tackle them
- Positive attitude: we are self-starters who love to solve problems with technologies
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and an ownership mindset
FIGS Compensation and Benefits
At FIGS, your base salary is one part of your total compensation package. This role's base salary range is between $129,500 and $180,000. Actual base salary is determined based on a number of factors, including but not limited to your relevant skills, qualifications, and years of experience.
Additional Compensation and Benefits
- Equity: All FIGS employees have the opportunity to own shares of FIGS stock through our new-hire equity program. Additionally, FIGS provides a discount when purchasing FIGS stock voluntarily through our FIGS Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Annual bonus: This position is eligible to participate in the FIGS annual bonus program
- Other compensation and benefits offered include:
- Comprehensive benefits and perks package focused on your well-being, including premium medical, dental and vision coverage, and full access to wellness services through Ginger, Headspace, and Gympass. 100% FIGS-sponsored life insurance and disability insurance
- Amazing 401(k) program, with a company match up to the first 6% of your contribution
- Generous paid time off - We have 11 company holidays. For salaried team members, we offer flexible vacation. For our hourly team members, we offer up to 3 weeks of accrued vacation
- Meaningful time away for baby bonding, including parental leave, new parent care meals, and a transition back to work for primary caregivers
- FIGS Friends and Family 25% off Discount for FIGS apparel
- Access to FIGS Vet, Discounted Pet Daycare, and so much more...
*Benefits eligibility is determined by hour requirements and length of service
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.
FIGS is revolutionizing the $60B medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through a thoughtfully branded and data-driven, digitally native platform. We have transformed the way medical professionals think and purchase their workwear and created a fanatical community made up of roughly one in ten people in the US that work in healthcare. FIGS product quality has set a new standard in apparel design and has a relentless focus on fit, function, design, and comfort. We also give back. Our Threads for Threads initiative is central to the mission and has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries around the world. We're a fast-growing, innovative, and collaborative team whose mission is to serve those who serve others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert