Receptionist, Office of Admissions
- Fashion Institute of Technology
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
- Full Time
- Work as part of the admissions team to greet all guests to the Office of Admissions. This position requires the use of excellent customer service skills in greeting constituents and directing them to the appropriate staff member and/or office. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must, along with the ability to work independently, analyze and problem solve, multi-task and handle interruptions professionally. Must demonstrate the ability to use discretion in working with and discussing confidential student information.
- Access electronic student records to advise prospective students of application status. Identify missing documents including transcripts, test scores and portfolio documents to accurately assess student records. Guide visitors through the FIT web site with emphasis on admissions pages and application procedures. Assist visitors in locating any further resources needed by directing them to the appropriate person or office.
- Guide and advise non-degree students through the Non-Degree enrollment process. Advise and collect New York State Residency requirements from non-degree and degree seeking students. Knowledge of New York State Residency requirements is preferred.
- Maintains inventory of visitor and recruitment materials. The admissions office often welcomes over 500 visitors a week to on-campus information sessions. Receptionist will ensure Information session packets are prepared and ready before each session, monitor supply and distribute visitor materials. Ensure that shelves and tables in the reception area are stocked with the appropriate admissions materials.
- Ensure walk-in attendee's data is collected and entered in order to accurately track visitors. Ideal candidate will analyze visitor data and work to implement a multitude of front desk procedures.
- Assist in responding to admissions inquiries by phone, email and online.
- During peak periods, assist with processing transcripts, mail opening and other duties as needed.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Minimum of a high school diploma and completion of two years in an accredited post-secondary institution of learning.
- 2- 4 years of administrative experience in a customer service setting.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Applications required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must, along with the ability to work independently, analyze and problem solve, multi-task and handle interruptions professionally.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use discretion in working with and discussing confidential student information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Computer skills with an emphasis on data entry.
- Quality customer service skills, excellent telephone manner and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Prior experience using Banner, NOLIJ software systems, and Anthology CRM or any other CRM.
- Experience working in a college or university setting.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Occasional; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Constant; Write- Frequent
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand-Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- NA; Push- Occasional; Lift
The UCE-FIT Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) dictates the compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment.
Starting Salary: $42,895 per year with step increments per Salary Schedule 88, after one year of service and annually thereafter.
( See Successor Agreement, page 7 )
Job Title: Student Services Representative II per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Receptionist in the Office of Admissions.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for 70 years. Providing a blend of hands-on experience, classroom study, and liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are affordable and relevant to today’s rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college grants associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
Among our wide variety of Art and Design programs are Accessories Design, Interior Design, and Toy Design; Business and Technology majors range from Fashion Business Management to International Trade and Marketing to Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing. Our outstanding faculty offer students experiences that mirror the marketplace and give them a competitive edge.
Notable alumni designers include Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Reem Acra, Brian Atwood, Francisco Costa, Norma Kamali, Nanette Lepore, Bibhu Mohapatra, and Ralph Rucci. Other prominent graduates include Leslie Blodgett, creator of Bare Minerals; international hotel and restaurant designer Tony Chi; Nina Garcia, creative director, Marie Claire; Edward Menicheschi, chief marketing officer, Condé Nast; and Joe Zee, editor in chief and executive creative officer, Yahoo Style.
The Museum at FIT, one of the world’s leading collections of fashion and textiles, houses more than 50,000 garments and accessories and more than 300,000 textiles and swatches.
Learn more at fitnyc.edu.
Seventh Avenue at 27th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert